Show us yer film shots then!

Now that looks like the end of a good day. :beer:An excellent shot, especially given the (hic!) cistuchancers

This roll was originally for the 36exp project but then I realised I have a few events coming up in about a week that would make for a more interesting contact sheet. All of these are on Portra 400, M4+50mm Summicron/35mm UC-Hex:

2IpDvdG.jpg

YD3a8EZ.jpg

R0XVpmJ.jpg

I4sITYt.jpg

7EO88rK.jpg

There's something oddly confusing about the light on the water?

Nice set, Chris, and I think you're right about the water coming through the lock gate, nicely done. I think the off-putting bit in the picture I quoted is that the light across the water appears to extend the reflection of the bridge so that it doesn't line up where you'd expect it to be, giving rise to a touch of discombobulation. :)

Nice set, Chris, and I think you're right about the water coming through the lock gate, nicely done. I think the off-putting bit in the picture I quoted is that the light across the water appears to extend the reflection of the bridge so that it doesn't line up where you'd expect it to be, giving rise to a touch of discombobulation. :)

Thanks Dean. Yes, it's that sunny streak misleading the eye! Very uncomfortable.

Big day all round on Wednesday for Chloe's first day at "Big School" (Infants/Reception) and Jake starting in Juniors :0)

1) Big brother and little sister

Mamiya 645 Pro / 80mm @F8 - Acros 100 expired 2007 and developed in R09 1:50 13.5min

2) Proud mum recording the day

Mamiya 645 Pro / 80mm @2.8 - Acros 100 expired 2007 and developed in R09 1:50 13.5min

The sun was behind the kids for both of these so could have done with some fill flash but I'm happy enough with the result for 7 year old film.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
@SlimShaney

Totally loving these mate, great series of intersting and varied shots. You'll have to get yourself out on a film meet sometime, I think you'd enjoy it.

@thorton

Very nice set Tom, some nicely abstract stuff.

Some more from Seville.

(Minolta X700 & Kodak Ektar and Fujifilm Neopan)

Cheers,
Shane :)

s09.jpg

s10.jpg

I'm loving the first few images, especially the first one, but the second is quite strong as well. Great light, nice textures, and a timeless look, they have.

A few from a cruise I went on recently, all shot on a Rollei 2.8C & Portra 400:

10660146_732235966849342_1494411484105335320_n.jpg

10659332_732236673515938_2744672530855465833_n.jpg

10615991_732237300182542_4777240830083212969_n.jpg

1502552_732238893515716_5848883490465225118_n.jpg

10703658_732238740182398_11749471420183093_n.jpg

More over at my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/photosbytomhort

A nice series of images with great use of colour. :)

Thank Trevor,

Unfortunately it was not taken within the rules time scale. :)

Hope I'm not posting too many photos, but here is a set from last weekend.

Mow Cop, Staffordshire - testing my Mamiya 645 Super with Sekor-C 45mm f/2.8 - shot at f/16. Ilford HP5+ 400 film. Perhaps not the best film for this situation (too gritty/contrasty), but it was all I had at the time.

Ta,

m01.jpg

m02.jpg

m03.jpg

m04.jpg

m05.jpg

Last edited:
I do believe he does and so do I, I'm in Crewe.

Yep - Wolstanton/Porthill. I can see Mow Cop from my front window :)

(You can just see Jodrell Bank in the 4th picture - right hand side of the frame.)

I'm up for a meet up.

Last edited:
I keep meaning to go to Jodrell Bank.

I used to live close enough to drive past a sign for Jodrell Bank most days and I never went because there was always another day to do that, right up to the point that I moved away. I still haven't been :(

Lovely set, Shane, particularly like the third one in the first set you posted most recently.

Hope I'm not posting too many photos ...

Pop them in a thread of their own in the Film Photos forum. There's more traffic in there than there used to be and if you've got a set it's a handy way to keep them together. I feel that people tend to scroll past them in this thread because it's more for sharing the odd random photo, IYSWIM. Getting a film photos sub-forum was a bit of a hassle so the least we can do is use it :)

Cheers Dean.

I've now made a couple of threads the Film Photos forum - these Mow Cop shots, and all the Seville shots I've posted so far.

Ta,

Well well.

Is a local meet up on the cards at some point?

I keep meaning to go to Jodrell Bank.

Sounds good. I've been to Jodder a few times for gigs, probably worth an hour or two but we may need somewhere else to visit, what about Gawsworth Hall or somesuch posh house.

Let me know if you plan anything guys, I'm in heaton chapel, stockport and havent used my om10 or 645 super in too long!

Let me know if you plan anything guys, I'm in heaton chapel, stockport and havent used my om10 or 645 super in too long!

@Lights out

We have an idea for one at Lytham as well but we haven't any dates in mind as yet. Keep an eye out should be a poll up soon to decide when. So dust 'em off, get some fillum loaded and come on down. (y)

Andy

Light leaks or ghosts?

15201016855_74302ec0f5_c.jpg

At the church door?

Agfa Isolette I
Ilford HP5 Plus
R09
V500

I'm not serious - looks like the bellows are pinholed. Still, a cool leaky image. Even though as skeptic an atheist as can be, I do actually have a really cool ghost photograph elsewhere. I might reproduce it here later.

8008514422_7d8545f752_b.jpg

Here it is. If you look in the middle frame of the window, the faces of two boys between the curtains. A deserted building - went back, saw nothing that could have caused it. Maybe watermarks?

ooo that's creepy :nailbiting:

ooo that's creepy :nailbiting:
Aye ... the spectral powers of Ilford. We talked to the owner of the building who told us that an infamous ecclesiastical child abuser did stay there during the Nineteenth century. Good story. Maybe I should have waited for All Hallows Eve. Beats bloody pumpkin images.

Back