Show us yer film shots then!

Is that from the ancient stuff you traded for? Pretty impressive!

Yes it is Steven. Processed and Scanned by Palm Labs. I also had a couple which were a bit underexposed. They didn't fare too well. Very grainy scans..
Overall, I think I got the best part of the trade. Certainly good enough to practise my LF (I nearly wrote skills..not yet)

That last one is really lovely, very dynamic, a great shot. I also very much like the third, presumably longish exposure. It's pot luck, but I think you were pretty lucky with the movement there, and the woman in the front keeping still. And the first, more ordinary perhaps, but the eyeballing from that bloke in the middle is great.

If these are the rejects, you'll be on the points!

That last one is really lovely, very dynamic, a great shot. I also very much like the third, presumably longish exposure. It's pot luck, but I think you were pretty lucky with the movement there, and the woman in the front keeping still. And the first, more ordinary perhaps, but the eyeballing from that bloke in the middle is great.

If these are the rejects, you'll be on the points!

Chris I think you're too kind and I doubt very much I would be in the points with these or the one I have from my 60D!

I think you may have made a tactical error Carol, these are very good indeed. I think 2 & 3 are extremely good and would both have been good scorers.

Andy

I think you may have made a tactical error Carol, these are very good indeed. I think 2 & 3 are extremely good and would both have been good scorers.

Andy

Oh well nothing I can do about it now, I suppose I should have taken the risk but as I have only just started with film I did not have the confidence to use them.

After the feedback on these I will think twice.:D

@Crtm Great series of images there but Rush Hour is just superb! It's amazing how much movement there can be in a still image, absolutely love it. :)

Oh Yesssss !!

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment on my set of street shots, I am blown away by it.

Feeling happy........:banana:

A few from my visit to Glasgow at the weekend, I was going to keep one of them for POTY theme "Street" but decided they were not going to be good enough, not that it would make that much difference to my points anyway!:D

A nice set of images, but the Rush Hour photo is especially strong. It's nice to see a bit of movement and dynamism, characteristics that are often ignored or minimised in the never-ending, and possibly overvalued, quest for sharpness.

A nice set of images, but the Rush Hour photo is especially strong. It's nice to see a bit of movement and dynamism, characteristics that are often ignored or minimised in the never-ending, and possibly overvalued, quest for sharpness.

That's crying out for a thread to itself - I'll do the honours shortly. :)

That's crying out for a thread to itself - I'll do the honours shortly. :)

Thanks Dean, initially did not like to do that when there is a thread dedicated to showing your film shots.

A few from my visit to Glasgow at the weekend, I was going to keep one of them for POTY theme "Street" but decided they were not going to be good enough, not that it would make that much difference to my points anyway!:D

Rush hour is a cracker. Step aside Moriyama.
Now you just need to take a picture of a wild-eyed street dog, and that's your career sorted ;-)

RJ, didn't you take any stinkers while you were there? I'm getting depressed with this continuing stream of great shots! ;)

Rush hour is a cracker. Step aside Moriyama.
Now you just need to take a picture of a wild-eyed street dog, and that's your career sorted ;-)

Going on holiday to Malta in two weeks time hope to get some dead fish heads and some women clad in fishnet tights..............not........the dog I could do though!:p

A few from Cap de Formentor, Palma, Pollensa, and Sineu during our Majorcan holiday:

Skysh4rk they are great I especially love the pig and the simplicity of the window.

RJ, didn't you take any stinkers while you were there? I'm getting depressed with this continuing stream of great shots! ;)

Well, I did shoot 26 rolls over fifteen days, so I was bound to get a few good ones. ;)

Anyway, aren't you going to Majorca soon, Dean? That should surely cure any depression!

Skysh4rk they are great I especially love the pig and the simplicity of the window.

Many thanks, Carol!

I was thinking the same. I vote for banning RJ until he posts at least five useless shots.

And 'uninteresting' doesn't count. They need to be out of focus, metered incorrectly and suffering from, what we call in our house, 'wonky eye syndrome' ;)

I was thinking the same. I vote for banning RJ until he posts at least five useless shots.

And 'uninteresting' doesn't count. They need to be out of focus, metered incorrectly and suffering from, what we call in our house, 'wonky eye syndrome' ;)

I don't often have bad exposures and my preference for waist level finders greatly reduces problems with missing focus and wonky composition, although I suppose it took a lot of practice to get as comfortable as I am with the WLF.

My error rate grows considerably, however, whenever I try to use my little autoknips timer with my SQ-A in order to get myself into a few photos:

View attachment 21746

I don't often have bad exposures and my preference for waist level finders greatly reduces problems with missing focus and wonky composition, although I suppose it took a lot of practice to get as comfortable as I am with the WLF.

My error rate grows considerably, however, whenever I try to use my little autoknips timer with my SQ-A in order to get myself into a few photos:

View attachment 21746

God damn it. That's the most 'fine art' shot on the thread.

View attachment 21746
I really like this shot, it kind of reminds me of the film "Ghost".

@dave clayton Vista can actually be pretty good stuff! Nice set of photos there. :)

A few more from me, first one on Portra 160 + RB67:

YC9gtyt.jpg

And some more Agfa Vista 200 fun!

JyTo3Jj.jpg

nEk027v.jpg

bE7NusB.jpg

P8RfeRV.jpg

lC5IUAi.jpg

pNSzFAN.jpg

And one of @Asha doing his thing!

1Q2xVHL.jpg

Actually that shot taken at thé Yorkshire sculpture park last year ( crikes, how time passes!) makes me wonder what's become of Paul aka @ Mr Bump. Has he gone to timbuktoo or wherever it is the mr men live?? Come back Monsieur Bump.....we need your input lol

Back