Show us yer film shots then!

Thanks Paul. Yeah, it's a head-scratcher as to why it happens (but only on certain pictures).

@sirch Any idea as to why this happens? Is it a forum bug, or a Flickr issue do you know?
No idea really but I'm going to blame flickr, is it publically visible on there or are there any restrictions? This forum software downloads and caches images so if they are only visible to, say, people with a flickr account then we might not be able to cache it.

Nige the nikon zoom lens seems to be performing great, i wonder is there no distortion or is it something you correct afterwards?
BTW i love your colour pictures, i cant explain why but i haven't seen a digital image getting that kind of colours.

Last edited:
Nige the nikon zoom lens seems to be performing great, i wonder is there no distortion or is it something you correct afterwards?
BTW i love your colour pictures, i cant explain why but i haven't seen a digital image getting that kind of colours.

Thanks Marino.

Yeah, the lens does distort, particularly at the wide end, but I manually correct it in Lightroom where it's noticeable.

All of my last posted images were processed using exhausted E6 chemistry.

What I can't understand is what's causing the red blobs on the film edges.

Any ideas?

They are not destroyed. I don't suppose there is anything there that couldn't be fixed in five minutes by you favourite software editor.

Torness Power Station in June. Nikon F80, Tamron 28-75, Delta 100 in stock Xtol-R

#1 Mid 19th century Skateraw lime kiln with 1988 nuclear power station behind.

2023-06-18-0009-copy-tp.jpg

#2 No Drone Zone with razor wire

2023-06-18-0012-copy-tp.jpg

#3 Dunbar lifeboat is moored here

2023-06-18-0013-copy-tp.jpg

They are not destroyed. I don't suppose there is anything there that couldn't be fixed in five minutes by you favourite software editor.
If anyone wants to step up to the plate and try a salvage operation feel free.
They are of no commercial value to me so have a go.

The red blobs suggest light leaks to me, although they're not really encroaching onto the exposed frame.
I initially though that but light leaks on slide film usually look like white blooms or milky areas.
I've either got a dud batch of E100 or I have a contamination problem.

The other possibility is the MOD 54 film holder has absorbed stabiliser.

Last edited:
I initially though that but light leaks on slide film usually look like white blooms or milky areas.
I've either got a dud batch of E100 or I have a contamination problem.

The other possibility is the MOD 54 film holder has absorbed stabiliser.
I was thinking that it was related to the film holder whilst processing too, do the marks coincide with the webs of the MOD54 insert?
Not sure about stabiliser contamination though, perhaps just insufficient chemistry not reaching those points.

I was thinking that it was related to the film holder whilst processing too, do the marks coincide with the webs of the MOD54 insert?
Not sure about stabiliser contamination though, perhaps just insufficient chemistry not reaching those points.
The red marks usually appear in the same sort of area. It is one of the places the film touches the MOD 54 holder.
I don't feel it is lack of chemistry reaching the areas in question.
A couple of you tube videos suggest stabilising the film in a separate container from the dev tank. This is what made me wonder if the mod54 plastic had absorbed stabiliser from a previous development.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have a new Stearman Press tank soon so I'll be able to make a conclusion next time I soup some film.

Reactions: zx9
I have not used a Stearman Press tank but they do look good and use less chemistry than either the MOD 54 or the Combiplan, one day I will have a clear out of unused dev tanks.
If you have any spare dev tanks you can send them my way.
I'm working on a dip and dunk processing project and need all the scrap tanks I can get.

Wraps, Paninis, Quiche. Coffee cart in George Square Edinburgh from last year (slightly worried I've shown this one here before, certainly been on the ex-twitters before I left the hell-site!)

2209BPMXBW01 Wraps by Chris R, on Flickr

Pentax MX, SMC Pentax M 50/1.4, Tri-X (oh, the days when that was a reasonable price!), devved by Filmdev in IlfoTec DD.

Some more from Isle of Wight Coach Holiday using 2002 Hasselblad 501CM + A24 back + 1999 dated Fuji ASTIA home-processed E6
Godshill Village -- the Smithy Garden
Godshill 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

The Model Church --
Godshill 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
The Real Church -- using my 50mm f4 Cfi Distagon T*
Godshill 09 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

One of the many Thatched Cottages on way to Church --
Godshill 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Not sure what the trend is in scanning the film edges along with the image is but IMO it looks awful; sorry

Back