Show us yer film shots then!

Last edited:
A Misty Day in Chelmsford Essex-- wife was in 'Ladies' Shops', I was out with my 1969 Rolleiflex 3.5 F Planar

These are great. I love mist.

I have inherited my father's Rolleiflex but I haven't used it yet. It is a 3,5 Tessar rather than a Planar. I also have a Rolleicord and the Schneider lens it has is so good, I think I might be disappointed by the Rolleiflex. Still - only one way to know for sure!

Steve.

Andy : Congrats on getting your Ensign Selfix 16/20 -- looks like a good sample of the Xpres lens you have ( you DID say you were getting the Model II ?)

Steve : lucky you -- my Dad's camera went down at Dunkirk when his ship was torpedoed as they were trying to save the Army off the beaches -- I was 3 years old so not into photography -- waited until I was 14 in 1951 to get my Mum's Camera -- a Kodak Brownie 'Hawkeye' she got from saving Black Cat Cigarette coupons -- as she did NOT SMOKE it took a LONG TIME !

This is the first film out of my OM2 I just recently had serviced and repaired, using tri-x, and a 50mm 1.4 zuiko, at 1.4.

The subject is my old faithful Triumph T140 from 1977. Trying to show a labour of love.

Let me know what you think to it.

Mike

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/95722928@N06/10611173193/player/ef800a18cc" height="683" width="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

thought that would show the picture, will try again in a minute.

Last edited:
Yes, for 'Technical Record' photos you should have maximum depth of field -- try out the F1.4 aperture on some indoor 'candids' or something more suitable. ( My Boy was GIVEN an OM2n outfit with the 50mm f1.8 lens and the 75-150mm f4.5 Zuiko lens and won £ 50 -00 cash for himself and £ 50 -00 cheque for his School when he was 9 years old ! )

I rather like that Mike. The b&w has worked well, lots of nice tones and as I'm sure it's not going to go in a technical manual the shallow dof actually works well imho.

Andy

Log Morfa beach south wales worth the hassle from the security guards at the steelworks for a good days shooting

12371314143_e5911b1c08_b.jpg

kodak plus-x rated at 125asa 1/50th@f32 processed in ID11 stock for 5.30 seconds

Log Morfa beach south wales worth the hassle from the security guards at the steelworks for a good days shooting

12371314143_e5911b1c08_b.jpg

kodak plus-x rated at 125asa 1/50th@f32 processed in ID11 stock for 5.30 seconds

Some very lovely tones in that photograph.

Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh, Northern Ireland:

Very nice!

The composition and DoF works very well in drawing the eye to the main subject and the exposure is spot on.

Looks to have been quite a difficult shot to expose for with deep shadows and wet reflective surfaces............... @skysh4rk have you had to PP at all to pull the shadows or cool the highlights??

Very nice!

The composition and DoF works very well in drawing the eye to the main subject and the exposure is spot on.

Looks to have been quite a difficult shot to expose for with deep shadows and wet reflective surfaces............... @skysh4rk have you had to PP at all to pull the shadows or cool the highlights??

Thanks, Asha. :)

I don't really have much latitude for pulling up the shadows or adjusting highlights in PP, as I use UK Film Lab and I only get jpeg versions back from them, so these are basically the scans I got back from them except for some sharpening (which is the one thing UK Film Lab won't do) and minor white balance adjustments as necessary.

I use an incident meter for my shooting and try to meter for the shadows as much as I can (or at least meter for the most important part of the scene), so I don't usually have problems with shadow detail or reflective surfaces affecting my exposures, unless I'm really struggling for light.

Edit: Obviously I don't know exactly what UK Film Lab did on their end, as they individually adjust each frame as necessary at the scanning stage, but on their feedback form they note any significant under- or overexposures on your rolls and they didn't say anything about underexposure or needing to pull up shadows for this photo.

Last edited:
Well, having progressed well with my black and white developing....I thought I'd try C41 home developing over the weekend....
A few images, taken with the F4(Agfa Vista 200)

12439970613_ce395d095f_b.jpg

12438184794_3bc70f99e7_b.jpg

12429363465_dd71820c99_b.jpg

12417209064_2cdfd693e4_b.jpg

It worked out well for you. I need to try C-41

I started looking at these from the bottom going up and thought they were shot in the US until I got to the top.

The park was funded by the Mellon family who were originally from County Tyrone in Northern Ireland, but became prominent bankers later in the USA. Fittingly, the first half of the park explores traditional life in Northern Ireland, including the old Mellon family home, before you 'board the ship' and arrive in the USA for the second part of the park.

The first two shots were from the Irish side and the second two from the USA side.

Although parts of the park might have looked American, I can assure you that the weather was very Irish on the day.

Last edited:
Downloaded perfect effect 8 and this is first try. I think I may have tried to bring out to much detail.

#1 CS5.

#2 PE8.

Last edited:
two 6x9 images from my walk round Port talbot, If you decide to shoot round there be aware the security are a real pain and this week i was told the "buildings are copyright so i cant take any picture's" last time it was counter terrorism laws.
film was fuji Reala not a fave of mine but came out ok

12460710493_fb91bb24d7_b.jpg

12462927454_9982e10f3c_b.jpg

Back