Show us yer film shots then!

For 'Medium Format Negs or Slides' I use a CANON 9000F Mk II Flatbed scanner + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer to adjust scan colours if necessary , re-size down a but and gentle 'Sharpen' with ' Unsharp mask' in FastStone Image Viewer. I also have 'PhotoShop 7' but don't use it so much. I then 'SAVE' in my folder 'Hasselblad Photos'
The scans look really very good.
I was about to buy the Epson Perfection V850 pro until you told me that.
I need to rethink.

Had some "issues" with the latest rolls of film I'd got back from being developed and scanned. All mid-tones with "blacks" and "whites" completely missing from the spectrum. As it was my first rolls through my recently repaired Oly M-1 I was somewhat panicked until I viewed a roll of Ferrania P30 that went through my Nikon F80 and was part of the same order, had the same problem. So I'm thinking something went awry during developing or scanning. Anyway I was able to "fix" the issue using Capture One.

Elgin Cathedral
Olympus M-1
Rollei RPX400

000023080013 by Steven Cook, on Flickr

000023080010 by Steven Cook, on Flickr

000023080027 by Steven Cook, on Flickr

Last edited:
Took my Ensign Selfix 820 Special on holiday to Galloway the other week, loaded with outdated Velvia 100. Unfortunately most of the shots were marred by me forgetting to wind the film on in the shade. Even though I had the little slidey thing shut between shots, I had not catered for the bright sunlight causing fogging beams through the film counter window.

Isle of Whithorn by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Last edited:
Paris 1979 - give or take a year

TP_Paris_1979.jpg

TP_Paris_1979_2.jpg

Last edited:
Using up some Outdated KB14 cut from a Bulk Tin found 'Lurking' in my Film Fridge . On a NIKON roll lately ! NIKON FE2 + 105mm f2.5 Nikkor at f5.6 and i processed in Home-Made ID11 formula 1+3 for 9 mins @ 20oC --- a 'great Combination' I have found!
FE2 KB14 01.jpgFE2 KB14 02.jpgFE2 KB14 03.jpg

Some random Holga shots. I like the Holga for B&W but don't seem to have much success with colour - although I think on the day I made these my head wasn't really in the game either.

Holga 120N
Fujifilm Superia 100 (expired 2008)

Holgacolor by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Holgacolor-2 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Holgacolor-3 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Holgacolor-4 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Holgacolor-5 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Holgacolor-6 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I have been trying a 1978 Hasselblad 500CM given to me by the over 90 year old fellow Camera Club member who also gave me NIKON and Asahi Pentax SP-F cameras. I needs a service as mirror bumper foam is well rotten but I gave ot a go with 10/2006 dated Konica VX400 Super and did a'Fresh C41 mix' using my new batch of Mydoneg Bleach from Tetenal UK . I still got a 'Magenta' area on some frames. same as I got on a previous film done with very 'Old' bleach and C41 developer.
Tilbury Fort Colour 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Tilbury Fort Colour 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Tilbury Fort Colour 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

This image is a low resolution photo of a negative converted via an app called film lab.
It was shot on my Yashica FX3 using Kentmere pan 100, developed with ilford DDX.
I am new to developing my own film and can't wait to actually print this properly from the negative....I have just got hold of a Krokus 66 enlarger....I just need to learn how to use it now

I tried using my Nikkor 35mm 1.8 DX lens on my F80 recently. Although designed for a crop-sensor, it has a large enough image circle to work on a full-frame / 35mm camera, albeit with vignetting. The vignetting becomes pronounced as the lens is stopped down, but at wide apertures it's acceptable (well, to me anyway). The autofocus seemed exceptionally slow on the F80 with this lens though. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.

Nikon F80
Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Nevermind by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Preparing to cast off- by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Continuing my 'Experiments' with my batch of 10/2006 Dated ( FREEZER-STORED ) Konica VX400 Super with the 'fresh C41 mix using the new MYDONEG Universal BLEACH ' I gave 4 mins development , NO Pre-Soak BUT a Buffered Acetic Acid Stop Bath after Dev for 30 secs and got denser and better negs with NO Magenta Stain -- here are a few with my 'Gift' 1978 Hasselblad 500C/M Bowens Monolite 400 turned right down + Sunpak auto 36FD on 1/16th power for the Studio Shots.
Konica VX400 Super 20 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Konica VX400 Super 21 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Konica VX400 Super 22 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Konica VX400 Super 17 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Konica VX400 Super 16 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

The staircase in Bevin Court, a modernist block of flats in Islington by architect Berthold Lubetkin.
It was originally going to be called Lenin Court and house a statue of Lenin in the entrance.
The statue was demolished and used as hardcore for the staircase.
Nikon FE2, 35mm and Fuji C200 process and scan by filmdev.

bevinstairs2.jpg

If only I had the money, I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Leica M6 | Summicron 35mm f2 ASPH | Fujifilm Pro 400h

View attachment 325755

Here's mine - bought new in 1989 and passed to my son some years ago - engine and gearbox out at the present time for a light restoration - a 3.2 Carrera

Canon A1 and then scanned, (need to get a reasonably good 35mm scanner and try again)

TP_911_BW.jpg

TP_911_restore.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine - bought new in 1989 and passed to my son some years ago - engine and gearbox out at the present time for a light restoration - a 3.2 Carrera

Canon A1 and then scanned, (need to get a reasonably good 35mm scanner and try again)

TP_911_BW.jpg

TP_911_restore.jpg
Oh that’s so nice. No Porsche for me today (lottery numbers failed again :LOL:). Maybe tomorrow ;-)

Nikon F80
Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

Underpass by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr
Very nice evocative mono image. Well worth getting pictures of these aspects of urban architecture as I think many are destined to be eventually removed. Where I live they are all but gone, where I grew up they are all gone!

Very nice evocative mono image. Well worth getting pictures of these aspects of urban architecture as I think many are destined to be eventually removed. Where I live they are all but gone, where I grew up they are all gone!

Thanks Jao. I expect that this one will likely stay for some time as it's an access route for vehicles as well as pedestrians, and I'm not sure there's any other way in. But yeah, loads of the old subways in Sheffield city centre are fading memories now - not like it used to be when I was a kid when there were shops and all sorts down there!

Reactions: Jao
A couple of shots that were taken as possibles for the July FPOTY topic, but not used.

#1 A pack of wolves. (They're in sheep's clothing obviously, but still ....... :) )

img628-copy-tp.jpg

#2 Attracted by the scent of dead animal, the hungry pack descends on the watering hole. ( I regularly saw far longer queues than this, but never when I had a film camera)

2021-07-11-0125-copy-tp.jpg

#3 A 4-pack for the designated driver. It takes 10 bottles of this to equal a single bottle of normal 4% beer or lager. (the condensation on the bottle doesn't really show up, so it doesn't look sufficiently refreshing)

img633-copy-tp.jpg

Viscount Wolseley's statue in Horse Guards Parade.
Field Marshall Garnet Wolseley was Commander-in-Chief of the British Army from 1895 to 1900.
Architect Sir William Goscomb Smith in 1920.
Nikon FE2, 35mm, Fuji C200. Process and scan by filmdev.
View attachment 326685
Great viewpoint for this subject!

Another on my NI pix from the last Tour back in 1998-99

Private Graham Plum, B Coy, 2PWRR warily watches a small girl in case she decides to attack him while a very shady Hispanic gentleman who may or may not be the Battalion's future RSM tries to appear inconspicuous whilst wearing the worst-fitting suit in NATO... Divis Flats, Belfast.

The week previously, the resupply to the Observation Post situated on the top 3 floors of the building (the lowest of which was kept empty and reinforced against a bomb attack from below) had been attacked by 'residents' throwing various items at the soldiers as they unloaded food and water.

Over the years, various missiles were thrown, including most memorably, two fridge-freezers and an Austin Mini, which enterprising locals has dismantled, carried to the roof, re-assembled then driven off using a piece of wood to hold the accelerator pedal down. I thing we admired their creativity, if nothing else.

FS-2PWRR-BRB-1998-99 (103).jpg

Thanks Jao. I expect that this one will likely stay for some time as it's an access route for vehicles as well as pedestrians, and I'm not sure there's any other way in. But yeah, loads of the old subways in Sheffield city centre are fading memories now - not like it used to be when I was a kid when there were shops and all sorts down there!

A town local to myself called Skelmersdale has more subways than I've seen anywhere else, the roads don't have footpaths as such but a completely separate network of paths away and under the roads. It's fine except you have to learn the town twice, and given that it's a modern town with no traffic lights but roundabouts instead it makes it more difficult again :LOL:

Used one of my 2003 Outdated Fuji SENSIA Slide films !! Not used E6 since first 'Lockdown' as processor is i Southend-on-Sea Essex. NIKON FE on 'The Go' Processing by : John Salim Photography . plustek optikfilm 7200 scanner + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer to adjust scan colours.
FE Sensia 01.jpgFE Sensia 03.jpgFE Sensia 04.jpgFE Sensia 05.jpgFE Sensia 06.jpgFE Sensia 07.jpg

Again, a couple of low resolution photos of negatives, converted via Film Lab app. Due to be printed from negatives when I get around to learning how so that I can burn the cloud detail back in.
Shot on Kentmere Pan 100.
Developed with Ilford DD-X

Attachments

• 20210805_195509.jpg
    20210805_195509.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210805_195424.jpg
    20210805_195424.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 11
Back