Show us your best sunset!!

unfortunately i can't see all the images as some of them are blocked if on flickr, i will see them when i get home.

cam't wait to see them all

This was taken at Shereness on the Isle Of Sheppy..

IMG_3428_.jpg

Taken with a 400D with the kit lens..

Three from me, taken in Brighton, back in April :)

Sunset.jpg

Sunset-III.jpg

Sunset-IV.jpg

2120040169_8ebc4b464c_b.jpg

here it is everyone, my sunset.

can you please feedback on it and maybe say how i could improve it.

thanks

Mark

I like that shak lovely colours in the sky,

KEEP them coming

Very envious of all the skill on show here :( I will have a hunt and see if I can find anything half decent I have taken.

Wow - some of these shots are just breathtaking! I wish I had even a quarter of your capabilities!!

Something that always intrigues me, being new to this, is how much post production gets done?

missdaises, with mine only a little bit of colour tweaking. To be honest, i think some of these are right place right time jobbies :coat:

thanks

Mark

Something that always intrigues me, being new to this, is how much post production gets done?

Depends how correct you get in camera at the time!

To be honest, i think some of these are right place right time jobbies

Maybe. But after a while you learn where the right place is and when the right time will be and make damn sure you get your ass there before the sun even thinks about setting ;)

I wasn't meaning to offend any of you who have superb shots and i have seen some of your shots ghandi WOW!!. i was just saying my one was a bit of i was in the right place right time but we do have to think about composition as just pointing and shooting wouldn't produce the best results

and also the right use of filters,

matter of fact how many of you actually used ND grads or ND filters?

Sorry Mark, was just pulling your leg, not havin a pop lol. Bloody internet clouding my already thinly veiled sense of humour.

I use ND grads and ND filters when needed (most of the time with sunsets) it's either that, silhouettes & blown highlights or hdr/messy blending!

no problem ghandi, just that some people may prefer to say it is down to skill and i didn't want to dampen anyones great photo! :cautious:

anyway, your sunsets are amazing, where do you take them and what ND grads do you use?

thanks

Mark

Since everyone else is showing two photos.....

MG_9507-01small.jpg

MG_6983-01small.jpg

2083779009_f6473027c2.jpg

Just the one from me.
Some truly stunning photos from you lot.
I think in the new year, after I've got my car, I'm going to have to grab myself a few lenses, and a few filters.

What filters are you using? I'm aware I need some circular polarisers, but whats all this ND Grad nonsense? A link would be wonderful (y)

from what i have have heard you do not use a polariser (spelt wrong) for sunsets, ND grads just balance the exposure between the sun and froground meaning that it is all visible and that the foreground isn't dark.

look for cokin P sets, good value and do the job

i like that dark star the shilouetes work well.

i am right about the polariser thing?

There are certainly some supurb images on here.. i suppose it is a little bit of being in the right place, but you've gotta be able to make what you see look good in the camera.. to get some of the images you see on here has had to have a lot of knowlage and thought put in.. knowing WHAT filters and why.. deciding whether your going to HRD or use ND's.. ect.. Having said that, the picture i posted eariler on this thread was the luckiest shot iv ever had.. no tihnking behind it other that 'Wow.. look at those colours.. wheres the camera!!' lol.. the only thing i had to do was Crop and rotate.. job done.. when you see the really great images that some guys on here churn out time and again.. it make you feel very humble as an aspiring tog.. i take my hat off to you and bow my head.. i know how difficult it is to get the knowlage to present this quality of work over and over.. I long to be able to produce that quality look that seems so easy by the good un's.. sometimes i feel that there is something their not telling us!!! :cautious:

(y)

These are the only sunset shots I have..... All of the same sunset :)

sunset1.jpg

sunset2.jpg

sunset3.jpg

TFL
David.

There are certainly some supurb images on here.. i suppose it is a little bit of being in the right place, but you've gotta be able to make what you see look good in the camera.. to get some of the images you see on here has had to have a lot of knowlage and thought put in.. knowing WHAT filters and why.. deciding whether your going to HRD or use ND's.. ect.. Having said that, the picture i posted eariler on this thread was the luckiest shot iv ever had.. no tihnking behind it other that 'Wow.. look at those colours.. wheres the camera!!' lol.. the only thing i had to do was Crop and rotate.. job done.. when you see the really great images that some guys on here churn out time and again.. it make you feel very humble as an aspiring tog.. i take my hat off to you and bow my head.. i know how difficult it is to get the knowlage to present this quality of work over and over.. I long to be able to produce that quality look that seems so easy by the good un's.. sometimes i feel that there is something their not telling us!!! :cautious:

(y)

If I was smart I would have wrote that(y)

and also the right use of filters,

matter of fact how many of you actually used ND grads or ND filters?
No filters, no nothing, I'd not long got the camera when I took the sunset that I posted, camera was on auto, factory defaults. I didn't know how to use manual then.:baby:

Back