Shower time

Edit My Images
No
P1030553.jpg

It was cold.

(matt) Mo

Looks more like some medieval mortar - wouldnt wish to use that (even in summer)

Nice find though(y)

Lovely texture and tone to this. Good stuff...... brrrrrr!

:agree:

However, the image looks a bit flat. Could do with some levels work to make it pop a bit more :)

How would i go about doing that? I have photoshop cs2

(matt) Mo

For the full answer you need to either search the web for CS2 tutorials, by a book, or get something like Digital Camera mag for their Photo shop tutorials.

Quick answer:

In CS2 go to Image > Adjustments > Levels. There you will see a histogram of your picture. I'm guessing (as I had a play with this one) that you will see a lot of level at the Left hand side and the line flattening out on the right hand side. Underneath this you have three little arrows, the left most one is you Black point slider, The Right most one is you White point slider and the Middle one is your Gamma slider. I just moved the left one in just a little, the corresponding number box (above the histogram) changed from 0 to 5 and then moved the right one to the beginning of the histogram for 255 to 227. A little play with the gamma. moved it about .4 to the right and the picture looked better (to me).

You can then go on and sharpen the image, do a search for USM.

Lots to play with, lots to learn, but its all fun (specially in work time :naughty: ).

Back