Sigma 10-20mm - squeaky AF?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, I noticed last night during a quick mess about with the camera that my 10-20 has suddenly developed a squeaky AF...??

Now, I'm going to have a word with Sigma Towers in a sec, but just wanted to see if anyone has encounters this problem before?

Thanks!

Ads

Not on a Sigma, but have on a Nikon AF-S. it was the motor giving up for mine... it was a very high pitched but quiet squeal of varying pitch. Not cheap to replace either :crying: (depending on the cost of the motor for the particular lens)

My new Nikkor 35mm AF-S DX is quite loud for a HSM lens as well and I did some research about it. Appearantly this is normal for those. I have been in touch with the shop I bought it from and they offered to replace it without hesitations. I'm just not sure if it's really serious or just noise!

I can say that my Sigma 10-20mm was very quite though.

Not on a Sigma, but have on a Nikon AF-S. it was the motor giving up for mine... it was a very high pitched but quiet squeal of varying pitch. Not cheap to replace either :crying: (depending on the cost of the motor for the particular lens)

yippy :|

My new Nikkor 35mm AF-S DX is quite loud for a HSM lens as well and I did some research about it. Appearantly this is normal for those. I have been in touch with the shop I bought it from and they offered to replace it without hesitations. I'm just not sure if it's really serious or just noise!

I can say that my Sigma 10-20mm was very quite though.

thank for the responses guys... It's ok (I think). I have the 3 year Warranty on el Sigma so hopefully I shouldn't be punished financially :)

Ads

Back