Sigma 150-600mm contemporary

Wish I had seen this on Wednesday before I ordered from WEX. That saving would have paid for the Dock and extra tripod plate I ordered from Amazon. Oh well. Very good buy for anyone ordering this weekend though. Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Kath
Ring up WEX and ask if they could do anything on the price. I assume you bought via the Internet. If so you could suggest returning it in the 7 day period as leverage. You may not get the new lowest price but worth a call ?

Wish I had seen this on Wednesday before I ordered from WEX. That saving would have paid for the Dock and extra tripod plate I ordered from Amazon. Oh well. Very good buy for anyone ordering this weekend though. Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Kath

Ring up WEX and ask if they could do anything on the price. I assume you bought via the Internet. If so you could suggest returning it in the 7 day period as leverage. You may not get the new lowest price but worth a call ?

Definitely worth a try Kath!

I have posted these in the bird section, but thought I would add some here as some may not venture over to that section!. Anyway, heard a bit of a commotion whilst sitting in the kitchen and seen some Red Kites having a fight with some crows, time I grabbed the camera the action was over, but the Kites stayed around over the house for a while so managed some shots.

Red Kite by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Red Kite by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Pair of Red Kites over the house today by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Diving Red Kite by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Red Kite. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Seeing @bledyn125's post reminded me to look through some I took at my first air show - Dunsfold Wings & Wheels in August.

dateposted-public

edit - well that didn't work. Back in a tick.

Right try again:

[[url=https://flic.kr/p/MFLFbo]deHavilland Vampires by paul bevan, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
I need to get one of them, price used don't seem attracting at all, price grey neither
Today cheaper price is 739£ on amazon, on the 16 october it was 665£, i need to get one next time the price go down like this!

I need to get one of them, price used don't seem attracting at all, price grey neither
Today cheaper price is 739£ on amazon, on the 16 october it was 665£, i need to get one next time the price go down like this!

Waiting to see if my punt on Ebay comes off asked as many questions as I could to cover myself even asked e bay to look at the listing as its far to cheap (I offered £450 and offer accepted). Apparently coming from Latvia boxed new we shall see, expecting it not to show up howver I have been sent a tracking number this week.

Will report back the outcome of this rather reckless punt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-150...532063?hash=item25c5ee80df:g:HLcAAOSwvzRX1oRr

Last edited:
Waiting to see if my punt on Ebay comes off asked as many questions as I could to cover myself even asked e bay to look at the listing as its far to cheap (I offered £450 and offer accepted). Apparently coming from Latvia boxed new we shall see, expecting it not to show up howver I have been sent a tracking number this week.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sigma-150...532063?hash=item25c5ee80df:g:HLcAAOSwvzRX1oRr

When I click the link it says it's coming from Peterborough not Latvia - good luck.

When I click the link it says it's coming from Peterborough not Latvia - good luck.

The guy lives in Spalding near Peterborough but he is basically going to Latvia to buy and ship several lenses if we are to believed interestingly the courier that he is using is based in Poland and transports EU nationals to the UK on a weekly basis so some cross border movement. As I have said dont expect to see either the lens or the teleconverter maybe a empty box at best!!

His feedback is poor but I have spoke to PayPal who assure me I am covered should no lens turn up. I am by nature if it's too good to be true it normally is type of person.

Last edited:

seems a bit too good to be true indeed!

Definitely need to get a tele converter for my d750 or I may have to go back to a cropped sensor body.
As I went out yesterday and the reach just wasn't enough

Just bought one of these for my 7200, said to Wife yesterday please watch out for Postman as I am expecting a parcel, She said " oh what have you bought now ", I said " just a little lens love , don't worry it didn't cost much"
He he !

The guy lives in Spalding near Peterborough but he is basically going to Latvia to buy and ship several lenses if we are to believed interestingly the courier that he is using is based in Poland and transports EU nationals to the UK on a weekly basis so some cross border movement. As I have said dont expect to see either the lens or the teleconverter maybe a empty box at best!!

His feedback is poor but I have spoke to PayPal who assure me I am covered should no lens turn up. I am by nature if it's too good to be true it normally is type of person.
Just make sure you don't sign for an empty box or one with a brick in it

Just make sure you don't sign for an empty box or one with a brick in it
Yep thought of that trick not sure how to get around that one yet delivery is sometime in first two weeks of November. Will keep the post updated

Yep thought of that trick not sure how to get around that one yet delivery is sometime in first two weeks of November. Will keep the post updated
If you are at home open it in front of the courier. He may get agitated but it will only take a few seconds.. although I wouldn't greet him immediately waving a Stanley knife [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

If you are at home open it in front of the courier. He may get agitated but it will only take a few seconds.. although I wouldn't greet him immediately waving a Stanley knife [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Its being delivered to my office so I will instruct our lovely receptionist to open and check it if I am tied up.

Has anyone installed the latest firmware update for this lens yet? I am interested if a Canon 1.4x tc MkII will still work OK after the update (it works fine now).

I just got mine on Saturday, updated the firmware yesterday but haven't really tried it out yet. If I get time tonight I'll stick my 1.4x on it and see what happens

Has anyone installed the latest firmware update for this lens yet? I am interested if a Canon 1.4x tc MkII will still work OK after the update (it works fine now).
Ive just put mine on, and it wont autofocus. Do I need to tape pins up? Anything else? Or should it just screw on and work?

Ive just put mine on, and it wont autofocus. Do I need to tape pins up? Anything else? Or should it just screw on and work?

Are you using a Canon TC? Iirc only the Sigma TC works with this.

Going to try out the sigma 1.4 teleconverter the the weekend. if it ain't to bad I'll be buying one on saturday

Are you using a Canon TC? Iirc only the Sigma TC works with this.
I am indeed, as Roy said it worked. Mine doesnt after the upgrade, but someone else has told me that it will if I tape some pins off.
To be honest I dont intend to put an extender on it, 600mm will be enough for me, I was just seeing if it was possible

Another trip down to the reserve today , very devoid of any birds.. so this is all I have to show for a couple of hours in the cold.

DSC_0801-2.jpg DSC_0802-2.jpg

Back