Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens - issue?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I bought a Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens for my Nikon cameras at the start of August and I've noticed on rare occasions it's acting oddly.

This only happens with OS set to on from what experimenting I've tried- but when you focus on something and you can see the viewfinder kind of jumps diagonally. It's not your normal forwards/backward focussing, it's a jump.

I'm trying to get it on camera but due to how little it does it I've not yet been able to.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this or this lens to say if this is normal? The wife's 50mm 1.4 Sigma art lens doesn't do this, nor does the new sigma 70-200 f2.8 I've just bought, and I've tried it on the D700 and D810 so it's not the camera.

I'm also emailing Wex to see if they think this is normal as that's where I bought it from.

Last edited:
If the camera goes into standby the image stabiliser lens can jump when you first half press the shutter which restores power to it. If it is "jumping" before powering down it sounds like a fault. Maybe give Sigma a call?

Thanks both, wex came back suggesting a firmware update as well which I've never had to do so something new to learn.

As for powering down, this can happen randomly straight after several ok shots so not sure that's it. Will give it a test and see.

Back