Sigma 500f4 sport anyone know how good ?

Edit My Images
No
Considering the above and doing the research at this price it has to be perfect. Options for budget are the pre FL Nikon VR used which will be £1500 or so cheaper but heavier than the sigma or the pre FL VR version of the Nikon 600 F4 about the same price used as the sigma. Problem with a 600 is its damned big and even with static type photography still need some measure of portability so 500 might be better compromise

In the field was talking to a guy who has seen both side by side in field pre FL Nikon vs new sigma sport and the Nikon was substantially better. However this is one persons view there are few online reviews but those there are put the sigma on a par not just with pre FL but with the new Nikon FL and canon equivalents e.g latest sigma vs latest Nikon / canon. The sigma art series have good reviews. So my choice is broadly the pre FL Nikon used vs the new sigma for such a long term purchase the additional £1500 or so is not an issue

But would welcome any information anyone had especially how good the sigma is it has to be as good as the Nikon I would hate to spend that kind of money and be disappointed. The new Nikon FL is totally out of budget £6k being the limit

Thanks

Not tried the Sigma 500 sport however i have used both the Nikon 500 and 600. Both are very heavy however the 500 can be handheld for short periods, something i find hard with the 600. The Sigma Sport range are very good. For me i would look at a used Nikon 500VR as it can be had under your budget. If you are the worrying type then the Sigma comes with a warranty and would be new, something you wont get with the Nikon unless buying new. Go for the Nikon!

Back