Sigma 70-200 AF issues

Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me here, I have as above a sigma 70-200 OS, hardly ever used but recently I've noticed that the AF is all over the place, I could take 15 pics of the 1 item and not change anything and 13 of them will be a tad out of focus. (that's while using it on a tripod with OS off), any other lens is spot on. My issue is it seems as if I was caught by a gray import as the retailer who I purchased it from (less than a year) is now gone and sigma say its a gray import. Anyone know what my options are or what it might be? Thanks in advance.

No one got any ideas?

I'm using a D7100, I tried the fine tune thing before but could never get it to work right for me or perhaps I didn't give it enough attention. I can upload pics tomorrow with full exif. I have tried it on my D80 (old I know) and if I'm honest it seems to work ok on it, again not perfect every time but a LOT better than the 7100, perhaps 10-11 of the shots are near is not bang on. Both times I'm using F4-F8 settings as I know this lens tends to be a little soft at F2.8.

I'm using a D7100, I tried the fine tune thing before but could never get it to work right for me or perhaps I didn't give it enough attention. I can upload pics tomorrow with full exif. I have tried it on my D80 (old I know) and if I'm honest it seems to work ok on it, again not perfect every time but a LOT better than the 7100, perhaps 10-11 of the shots are near is not bang on. Both times I'm using F4-F8 settings as I know this lens tends to be a little soft at F2.8.
If you've tried the micro adjust before, have you returned it back to zero / default?

You shouldn't try to micro adjust a zoom, especially a large one like the Sigma as you set it for one focal length, it'll then be out everywhere else as you change the focal length. I'd only use MA on a prime.

Last edited:
Yes I've tried, didn't think on it changing with zoom length. Even at 200x on tripod I get different results every time on the same pic. As you can see I haven't had a chance to upload my pics here yet but it seems I'm going to have to shell out £130 or so for sigma to look at it they say :(

Back