Sigma 70-200 powder coating pealing off!?

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Sigma 70-200 2.8 that's about 4 years old and recently the powder coating has started pealing off.

It's never been scratched to my knowledge, I just took it out of it's case one day and found a small area had let go of the metal and it's got worse and worse since then.

Has anyone else experienced this with Sigma lenses (or any lens come to that)? Would it effect the 2nd hand value much?

Very common with all of the EX Sigma lenses unfortunately, does affect the 2nd hand value but not all that much as its so common

I've seen it before too. I know it doesn't effect the performance of the lens in any way but that's no excuse. Sigma should be able to do better than that. And despite what anyone tells you it will make a difference to the resale value should you ever want to sell it. :(

This is why I will never buy a Sigma lens again. It seems you do get what you pay for. What's worrying is some of the lenses cost more than Canon and Nikon e.g the 50mm 1.4 prime and even though by all accounts it performs superbly if I'd bought one and the paint started peeling I'd be well ....ed off.

odd, ive had my 18-50 and 70-200 for a couple years now and only the 70-200 has a patch that resulted from a flying stone at a rally..

on the other hand the previous owner of the 120-300 did wear a lot of the coating off. i think thats why i got it so cheap as it put a lot of people off buying it. at the end of the day it doesnt effect the optics. ive got a lenscoat on my 120 now lol

Back