Sigma 70-200mm f2.8EX

yeah i would have though it meant canon auto focus, your probably getting no replies as everyone is ordering one! (y)

yeah i would have though it meant canon auto focus, your probably getting no replies as everyone is ordering one! (y)

Thanks
Yeah me too.. just keep thinking it must be too good to be true... May have to take a trip to jessops. :D

I paid that for a secondhand Mk1 without macro. Sounds like a real bargain!

A good price, but no-where seems to have them in stock! It says 'no longer available for home delivery' as well :(

Chris

I heard a rumour that Jessops are no longer stocking Sigma as a brand....

none in swansea or any of the area. Wonder why they are stopping with Sigma. Seems as if they are killing their market, as sigma offer the biggest compatable range for cameras

Think they are trying to reduce their stock holding to preserve cash, but it's counter productive as you cant sell what you havnt got so sales will drop also. They have dropped Pentax and some others for similar reasons. The local Jessops now have only pictures of cameras in the window, not actual stock, the end is nigh I fear.

sigma are probably dropping jessops rather than the other way round, maybe their credit is no good

They have dropped Pentax and some others for similar reasons.

Actually Pentax dropped Jessops, they refused to give them the massive credit required to keep a decent range in their shops.

The way things are going I think that could have been a smart move on the part of Pentax, if Jessops do go the way everyone is forcasting then Canon, Nikon and Sony will be owed millions.

Yep, it's the Mk I and and both versions are out of stock. Bugger! I was after one as well :(
Oh well. I might settle for the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Macro DG :shrug:

Yeah they will probably order one in for you but you will have to pay for it upfront

Cheers for the reply's guys (y)
i didn't realise it was the mk1 version, will teach me for not reading the full spec.
Like some of you have said there isnt any in stock anyway.

I settled for the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Macro DG and picked it up this afternoon for £130. Not a great saving but less of an impact on my wallet! It's a lovely thing to use and sharp as a badger's badger!

Guildford defo don't have one. They said that there is a stock error on the website.

Back