Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM or Canon EFS 10-22mm F3.5-4.5

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I need your help. I want to get a new lens and i have narrowed it down to either the:
1) Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
Pros : a) Ultra wide
b) slightly cheaper
Cons : a) Cant use my NDs
b) possible distortion issues or

2) Canon EFS 10-22mm F3.5-4.5
Pros : a) Can use my NDs
Cons : a) not as wide as the Sigma
b) bit more pricey.

I'm using a Canon 550D and enjoy taking landscapes.

Thanks in advance for the advice. (Apologies if im asking in the wrong area, its my first time posting)

Have the sigma 8-16mm on my nikon d7000 and think it is a great lens, feels really solid and good quality. At 8mm you are always going to get a bit of distortion but can be corrected for in photshop and sure that is half of the fun of these lens to get some wacky pics. Just don't put a women to the side of the picture, they won't thank you for it :LOL:

6931577514_ba84554801_b.jpg

gavinmac said:
Have the sigma 8-16mm on my nikon d7000 and think it is a great lens, feels really solid and good quality. At 8mm you are always going to get a bit of distortion but can be corrected for in photshop and sure that is half of the fun of these lens to get some wacky pics. Just don't put a women to the side of the picture, they won't thank you for it :LOL:

Hahah! I'll be sure to take note of you advise about the ladies...

Unfortunately i dont have photoshop or any of the kind installed on my laptop. Kinda new to photography so think editing is a tad overwhelming.

Back