Sigma Art 14/1.8 - Who is getting one?

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
It's $1,599 in B&H but UK price £1,679.99

Damn Brexit, if I get this, this will be my most expensive lens and That includes the new 35L mk2 !

Last edited:
Sigma losing it with there pricing

Really? This is very unique and can't have been cheap to design or produce. It's going to be niche in the extreme for astro shooters etc so I'm sure they've figured out its place in the market.

Last edited:
their new 24-70 is more than I had hoped for as well

Not surprised by the price it's a very exotic piece of glass with a limited market but your right the exchange rate is killing uk prices at the minute!

their new 24-70 is more than I had hoped for as well

I suppose too it really depends on the quality of the 24-70, if its a "bag of primes" and has the excellent qualities the "Art" lineup usually do then an image stabilised 24-70 f2.8 for £1400 is a relative bargain v the Nikon and Canon equivalents, dearer than the Tamron but then there's a new one of those out soon and I'd be willing to bet it ends up a similar price.

I suppose too it really depends on the quality of the 24-70, if its a "bag of primes" and has the excellent qualities the "Art" lineup usually do then an image stabilised 24-70 f2.8 for £1400 is a relative bargain v the Nikon and Canon equivalents, dearer than the Tamron but then there's a new one of those out soon and I'd be willing to bet it ends up a similar price.
nope its still more than I hoped for:p I was hoping for under a grand really.
but I do know where you are coming from, be interesting to see what the rumoured mk111 canon with I/S priced at

Fascinating lens. I'd love to try one for astro but seeing the price I'm feeling much better about my Irix 15mm purchase.

I don't actually thing it's overpriced though or certainly not compared to the competition.

I was hoping for 10% less than US pricing, at most, on par but not MORE!
Just wait a bit then. UK retailers always try to squeeze the most out of the early adopters, the 'must have it now at any price' brigade. Once they've been suitably fleeced, the prices will drop for the rest of us. US retailers don't seem to do this, for reasons I don't understand.

Alternatively you could go and buy one now. Think of it as a public service, helping to subsidise the cost of photography for others.

Incidentally I'm in the same boat. I need to buy at least four of these and I'm wondering what price I can justify....

Just wait a bit then. UK retailers always try to squeeze the most out of the early adopters, the 'must have it now at any price' brigade. Once they've been suitably fleeced, the prices will drop for the rest of us. US retailers don't seem to do this, for reasons I don't understand.

Alternatively you could go and buy one now. Think of it as a public service, helping to subsidise the cost of photography for others.

Incidentally I'm in the same boat. I need to buy at least four of these and I'm wondering what price I can justify....
Why do you need to buy 4 lol

Back