Sigma or tamron

Name
gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all need a bit of advice concerning whether to buy sigma or tamron 70-300mm lens for a sony alpha. I have done some background reading and thay seem the same in terms of picture quality verse cost. Has anyone bought one of these recently. All answer helpful.

If you do buy a Sigma then make sure it's a new lens (not been sitting around in a shop for too long). It seems that when you turn them on they drive the focus out to infinity, this is done with some force and can often lead ot the AF breaking. I was talking to a Sigma repairer about this recently, Sigma have now made an alteration to their Sony fit lenses to stop this happening so you should be fine with any new Sigma lens.

Hi all thanks for the advice. Its going to be sigma. Is it best to buy online or at the shop? there tends to be more online shops than on the street.

online is cheaper usually but buying locally gives you somewhere to take it & someone to moan at when it breaks ...

What's the quality difference between sigma and tamron?

I have the tamron Nikon version and as a comlete and utter Nuub I find it an easy lens to use esp the macro mode.

Back