Simoncelli RIP

Agreed - tragic loss to the motorsport world

Sad loss :(

p505500413-4.jpg

RIP

Ciao Marco the Funeral yesterday was a very emotional 2-1/2 hrs viewing
his family were very strong and dignified

I believe a futre world champion taken before his time. RIP.

I have to agree, his racing style was aggressive and forceful, yet fair.
For me, he was certainly going to be winning races in the near future.

I watched him in 250's several years back at Donington and you could see his class then on a much smaller bike.

A real talent, lost way too soon.

Motorbike racing is not a sport I follow and I have never heard of this guy until last week when he had his fatal crash in Malaysia. That said it is very sad to see somebody with a great talent,and so young die in such tragic circumstances.
RIP Marco Simoncelli..

I have no words, such a tragic loss. Was a terrible accident to watch.
I am very envious of you folks who got to photograph him. Some nice images.

My favourite rider and I really believe he would have made a future world champion.

RIP

My fave too, absolutley disconsolate over his loss. An outstounding personality and definite future champ.
I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house at the final round.

RIP and ciao Marco.

i liked his no holds barred approach to racing some say wild i say on the edge fast

he didn't hold back his reply to Lorenzo in a press conference

Lorenzo to marco = in the future happen something with you will be a problem
marco to lorenzo = ok i will be arrested

and Toby moody added recently

The witchhunt Simoncelli endured after the French MotoGP was, looking back on it, deplorable.

Race In Peace sic

Such a terrible loss. RIP Marco.

Took this shot during the qualifying session at this years Silverstone MotoGP...

MMP_0462.jpg

Last edited:
This Sunday is off limits- the phones going off, disconnect the doorbell etc and settle down with a beer for the final round. Emotional event is an understatement!

Chr1stof said:
This Sunday is off limits- the phones going off, disconnect the doorbell etc and settle down with a beer for the final round. Emotional event is an understatement!

Same. I really hope they make tomorrow special. So far Rossi's tiny '58' within his '46' on his bike seems so very little. 1 minutes noise instead of silence has been suggested by his family on various sites. I think that'd be a good start :) It would be lovely to see Rossi back on the podium tomorrow.

Back