Simply Black & White

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

A couple more from a recent wedding, just a BW action I have, I do like the mono conversions in Lightroom but I find the ones done in photoshop have a little bit more about them, it might just be me though. I need to get back to doing some landscapes soon.

As usual folks, thoughts are always welcome :)

Wedding-photography-of-a-Smiling-bride-in-Black-and-white-(IMG_6054)-719291.jpg

Wedding-photography-of-smiling-bride-with-long-veil-at-bolton-abbey,-north-yorkshire-(IMG_7515)-781332.jpg

Wedding-photography-of-a-Smiling-bride-in-Black-and-white-(IMG_5398)-740878.jpg

Really like #1!
#2 is good, but a tad soft? :shrug:
3 I like too, but it's edged out by 1 IMO :)

Thanks Nick,

I think they've lost a bit of quality on the export from lightroom (I only export at 70% 72dpi) so that might be why they look a bit soft.

Thanks for the comments though, it seems like the people section doesn't get as much attention for some reason, might be just the time of day though!

Hi Pete

There's been some good work from you on this wedding so far, and you were certainly lucky with the weather, pretty bride and that veil too :)

In my experience, while we can often shoot for our art it's not always appreciated by the bride and moreso her mum! :LOL:

So while the differential focus in #1 & #2 works for me, I'd also have shot the same thing with the bride being the point of focus and maybe even everything too - that way you're pretty much certain one will be liked by all tastes !!!

So when's the PB Wedding Business being launched then??? Or has it already :)

DD

Hi Dave,

I've managed to give her 700 or so edited shots with 150 or so I deem as very good, these I'll do mono versions or further editing so there are usually different versions of a shot. But, as you say, these types are more for me and the photographic community, I wouldn't bore you with formal after formal!

I'm actually in my second season as a wedding tog but I need to get my site redesigned really, I'm always on the lookout for an ambitious (ie keen to get a portfolio going ;) ) freelancer to do it but I'll probably end up doing it myself!

Thanks for looking, I'm getting some good mileage out of these, just gonna post the stepping stone crossing shots at some point and probably leave it at that.

Last edited:
Not really qualified to comment, but I really like numbers 1 and 3. Particularly number 3.

I love all three, but #1 is my favourite. These are awesome. Would love to be able to pull off such shots!

I think everyones opinions valid qwerty, I firmly believe the more shots you look at critically, on forums such as this, and see whats right and wrong with them, the easier it gets to see shots in your viewfinder before you take the shot. Sometimes (like at weddings) you don't get as much time but the principals are the same, IMO :)

Back