simply WOW

Amazing, you know the theories about the moon landing and that they can't see stars in the video, well I can't see stars in these images either...

(i'm not saying these are staged photos)

Amazing. Number 16, simply incredible.

Oh, and for the record, they never went to the moon :LOL:

If I had taken those pictures, I'd still manage to get a tree growing out of someone's head!

Excellent photos :)

#16 Floating Free

when i saw this, i wondered at the continually shabbiness of mankind with its wars, prejudices, intolerance, hates and fears

Earth ...we dont treat it very well

Do they still use Hasselblads? I know they did for the Moon missions.

Amazing, you know the theories about the moon landing and that they can't see stars in the video, well I can't see stars in these images either...

if i can't do it with my D200, then ... pfffft! :D

Thanks for posting.

#16 is an instant classic, one of the greatest images of the space exploration era. Totally iconic.

Last edited:
Wow, these are gorgeous. Oddly, most of these are totally new to me, and here I thought I'd seen every photo from and of the ISS ever taken! I'm currently working on a film where these will certainly be useful as inspiration and reference, in addition to all the photos we already have. Going to email this link out to the crew tomorrow!

You do realise that photos taken from the moon landings were taken when it was daylight on the moon. How many stars do you see in the daylight. :thinking:

The Boz said:
Amazing. Number 16, simply incredible.

Oh, and for the record, they never went to the moon :LOL:

I dare you to say that to buzz aldrin. I think he punched the last moon landing sceptic he met :)

You do realise that photos taken from the moon landings were taken when it was daylight on the moon. How many stars do you see in the daylight. :thinking:

Moon conspiracy nuts are truly the most ignorant people in the world. I've read so much about Project Apollo (and lived through some of it!) and it truly was a fantastic achievement involving hundreds of thousands of people at the cost of the lives of some real pioneers.

Nowadays people know so little about it, nor the preceding programs of Mercury and Gemini. Years of research, practice, experimentation and application. Truly an amazing endeavour that culminated with 12 men walking on the moon. I still feel emotional when I listen to the Christmas broadcast made from lunar orbit during mankind's first visit in 1968.

No.16 I agree he must have had nuts the size of melons. Done a bit of scuba diving and at 40m u/water you really do feel very vulnerable, I truly wonder how he could have gone 320ft away from the realtive safety of the spacecraft without losing it.
As for the rest of the photos, a truly awesome set.

I remember the 1969 moon landing as a 14 yr old kid watching it on grainly low contrast TV, bit of a difference.

Matt

You can really see why we've moved to digital.

Could you imagine taking shots like these on a film camera, getting back to Earth and popping into NASA's version of Boots to get them D&P'd only to go back a couple of days later to view the results and they all have stickers on saying the are under exposed - you can't just pop back and re-shoot can you.

There's a nice write up of the development of the Hasselblads used on Apollo on Mir.com

http://www.mir.SPAM/rb/photography/hardwares/moon/1.htm

Brilliant shots!

Some of the risks those astronauts take, they got guts for sure!

Moon conspiracy nuts are truly the most ignorant people in the world. I've read so much about Project Apollo (and lived through some of it!) and it truly was a fantastic achievement involving hundreds of thousands of people at the cost of the lives of some real pioneers.

Nowadays people know so little about it, nor the preceding programs of Mercury and Gemini. Years of research, practice, experimentation and application. Truly an amazing endeavour that culminated with 12 men walking on the moon. I still feel emotional when I listen to the Christmas broadcast made from lunar orbit during mankind's first visit in 1968.

I have to agree with you.
I have the film called in the shadow of the moon, I can watch it every day and never get bored of it, I do not understand how anyone can say they never walked on the moon, if you have not seen it try and give it a watch.

Have you seen the mythbusters episode where they put the conspiracy theories to the test??!! :LOL:

I have to agree with you.
I have the film called in the shadow of the moon, I can watch it every day and never get bored of it, I do not understand how anyone can say they never walked on the moon, if you have not seen it try and give it a watch.

It's good, but For All Mankind is better.(y)

Back