Singing Yellowhammer on gorse

Edit My Images
No
Technically far from perfect but I love watching these guys singing from the gorse on a sunny day.
7D + 300/2.8 + 1.4 tc hand held - Thanks for looking - C & C welcome

yhammer1.jpg

yhammer2.jpg

They look pretty good to me. very nice. What is there that you think could be improved on?

He's really going for it there, well spotted and taken Roy, lovely composition, detail, and colours, well done (y)

Not technically perfect? It doesn't matter when its such a nice shot of a bird doing something other than sitting on a perch looking like its been stuffed and stuck there. ;)

They look pretty good to me. very nice. What is there that you think could be improved on?
The BG is a bit naff and because of the large crops they are lacking the fine detail you would get from being closer. Looking again at #2 the bottom of the breast is almost pixelated.

fantastic just to see the yellowhammer (is it a female?) and although not perfect its definately good enough for me.

You can see the second one is a large crop more like you said on the breast you can tell, but the first is a lot better and like you said if they are large crops have you got room to add more room at the top of the first one to make it more portrait and then you will have less of a crop, its worth it, it is a lovely shot on that gorse

You can see the second one is a large crop more like you said on the breast you can tell, but the first is a lot better and like you said if they are large crops have you got room to add more room at the top of the first one to make it more portrait and then you will have less of a crop, its worth it, it is a lovely shot on that gorse
Yep, the first shot is by far the best of the two Karen but I though I would slip in the second as it was almost showing its tonsils :LOL:

I might try a looser crop of the first one to see how it pans out.

Thats what you call "full of the joys of spring", like them Roy, worth having a play with the first one (y)

Two nice shots Roy, I agree and think No1 is the best of the two. Great detail and colours.

Regards: Gordon

Well i could live with the results (y) love the colours of the gorse sets it off a treat imo

fantastic just to see the yellowhammer (is it a female?) and although not perfect its definately good enough for me.

Do female yellowhammers sing?

I've never managed to get close enough to one to photograph it, so all I can say is absolutely fabulous!!!!:clap:

Isn't it a male anyway - it's very yellow around the head for a female?

That was exactly my point. As it's singing, it's unlikely to be a female, as one post asked.

That was exactly my point. As it's singing, it's unlikely to be a female, as one post asked.
Sorry - misunderstood your question. I can't find any reference to female song either. Sad to see they're now at red RSPB status. Thankfully there's a good population of these on Cannock Chase.

Great work Roy :clap: Nice detail and lovely setting (y)

Back