Single Flash Portrait

Edit My Images
No
This was taken in the living room with a Nikon D7000, 85mm f1.8 lens, Single SB700 1/8 power, shooting through a 36inch diffuser brolly, 3ft from model. Im happy with the result and due to great makeup, which the model did herself, the PP time was minimal :eek:)
Thanks for looking.
6748095437_da9cac40f4_b.jpg

Hi

That's really nice, and a simple set up. Consider removing the second tiny catch light in her left eye.

Graham

Nice lighting (y)

Very nice. I think it might be even better if you cropped just below those wisps of hair just in from the top left corner. Maybe worth a try.....?

Yeah, I think the recrop suggestion is spot on. cheers. Thanks for the feedback guys.

New version with the secondary catchlight removed and re-cropped vertically. Better?
6751640859_6aa32d4a22_b.jpg

Absolutely stunning result from a nice simple set up,

Many thanks for sharing

Atb
Cliff

Everything I wanted to say has already been said...
Great result, well done m8.

potter said:
Great picture, hoping to get some new kit for portrait stuff, nice and simple

If you're looking for cheap radio triggers, I purchased a set of Yongnuo 603 triggers and, for the cost, work great. Had 3 images out of a few hundred which didn't fire. Max shutter of 200 and no TTL but very easy on the wallet.

calvj said:
If you're looking for cheap radio triggers, I purchased a set of Yongnuo 603 triggers and, for the cost, work great. Had 3 images out of a few hundred which didn't fire. Max shutter of 200 and no TTL but very easy on the wallet.

I already have a hahnel trigger a.d reciever. Looking at getting a 2nd flash though, do you know if they would work with each other?

I doubt you can mix them. You can possibly get two pairs 603's for similar price to one set of the hahnel though. The nice thing about the 603 is that each unit can work as transmitter or receiver.

Hi

That's really nice, and a simple set up. Consider removing the second tiny catch light in her left eye.

Graham

(y)

and perhaps reshape the photoflood shape in the eye
brilliant tone

Back