Skipper needs an ID

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I'm sure this is a skipper but I'm not sure which one. My choices seem to be small, Lulworth or dingy. I can't see any black edge to the wing, and it was tiny, which may rule out small. I can't see any white spots either, which may rule out dingy, but although I'm not too far from Dorset it's quite a way as the butterfly flies and I don't live on the coast. It was in my Somerset garden (near Taunton). The small white is here for a size comparison. I'm sure there's someone here who can ID it for me.

6150-1406392075-bbe153b9e933cdb092c88471e94b81aa.jpg

6151-1406392089-38cebace11ccc05a00728acd3e210b45.jpg

Much better (y) I'm only hopeful that someone with more knowledge than me might be able to help...

@zulupentax might be able to help, or know someone that can (y) Amin has always be great at helping me on the subject

Looks like a small skipper to me but where was it taken and date as there is no EXIF data on your flickr.

It is a small skipper, looks a little bedraggled in the antenna area.

It was taken in my garden near Taunton, Somerset, last weekend. It looked like it had something stuck on the antenna, maybe a bit of cobweb or something. There's plenty around at the moment. Sorry about the lack of EXIF data - I have an ancient version of PaintShop that loses it. When I get the hang of the latest version I've just bought I'll stop using it. I'm happy with the ID of small skipper, especially since it's the first skipper I've knowingly seen and I managed to photograph it. Thank you all.

hi, it's a small skipper as already stated
Regards mike

Back