Sky Rise

H

Hoodi

two building shots

t1he7.jpg

t2an1.jpg

#2 works really well for me, the longer shutter speed on the clouds gives it a little something extra, the first is ok, though there is a white line on the left in the sky that keeps catching my eye, possibly a jet trail?

Funny I read the first two comments and thought funny cos I prefer #1. Maybe I'm not alone this time :)

I prefer number 1. Clean, crisp and meaningful. The 2nd one makes me feel giddy LoL :)

i prefer the first one. though i like the effect in the second one the building looks a bit dull. IMO
(y)

i like being different...

No1 for me, lovely clean sharp lines and a nice retro mood going on with the tones.
Not really keen on no2, due to the o.o.f dark clouds that contrast so strongly against the white sky.

Cheers for all the feedback.

I was curious to see what people would say about these... Put simply, of all of my photos these are my two most sold - so I wanted to know how people would react to them :D

Glo ~ the dark bits in the second are sky, not cloud - the white bits are sweeping cloud!

I like them both and I like the toning immensely, but the 2nd shot is the one for me. The long exposure has effectively recorded the passage of time with the moving clouds and says (to me anyway) that in time this impressive man made structure will perish and crumble.

Perhaps I just need to ease up on the JD. ;)

where do you sell them Hoodi, if you dont mind me asking?

Contacts more than anything matty - get a couple of prints out at a "good price" on the proviso that people drop in a good word for you and it seems to get the ball rolling.
Most of my print sales are to people, as opposed to shops or companies - an interesting market is people moving into a new house or flat, who want to inject some life into it all - word travels some, and then you have x couple who saw the prints on y couples walls and wouldn't mind some for themselves, albeit perhaps different shots.
The first one is up in two café's though - I sold it cheap to one café, the owner of another saw it, and wanted the exact same print - I sold it to him at full whack.

I do try to get rudimentary advertising about where I can, but none of it seems to really do an awful lot - I would say 99% of my sales come from word of mouth, which is one of the reasons I always do my best to ensure my customers are happy with what they have!

interesting hoodi, thanks for that. Where i live there are loads of new houses...might do a contact sheet advert and flier some!

Good plan - I offer [small] discounts for larger print orders, which helps persuade people to plaster their houses in my work :D

Hoodi said:
Cheers for all the feedback.

Glo ~ the dark bits in the second are sky, not cloud - the white bits are sweeping cloud!
Well duh! :bonk:
Ahh, now I see No2 in from a diff perspective, it was just that initially I thought the 'dark bit' in the sky spoiled the image.

Most sold eh? .... ok Im a heathen & Ill shut up now! :LOL:

Number one, simply a more interesting composition. In the second the building and the sky are competing too much for attention, the black cloud over the building takes my away from the main subject.

I can see merit in both but would have opted for #1 as favourite as dark bit in #2 is like one of those blobs where the doctor askes you what you can see and your supposed to say something like a bunny rabbit but you really see a female terrorist carrying a grenade with the pin removed and then suddenly your plans for that evening have to be cancelled because they won't let you leave and there are MORE doctors and a security guard and he's looking at you funny, you say "look I'm not the terrorist" and they say "you keep mentioning terrorist. Do you have something to tell us about terrorists?" You realise your mistake and say it looks more like a bunny now but instead they ask questions about animal liberation activists which is a strange subject for doctors but perhaps they are not doctors. They do have black shiny shoes which is a bit odd ...................

Yeah #1 is easier, I'll go for #1. 1 all the way:exit:

HUN - I think I found the plot that you're looking for. Just don't go telling me that you didn't lose it somewhere along the line... ;)

Number 2 for me. Far more atmospheric, IMHO (sorry Pete!) Besides, it looks different and better thought out.

Horses for courses, I guess.

Back