Skye, Harris and Lewis - The Highlands, EdinburghGary Set 02

Another smashing set of pics from you Gary, like everyone else I love the coo's but 3 and 5 probably my favourites. Glad you guys are having still having fun on the roadtrip. (y)

Tommy.

Another smashing set of pics from you Gary, like everyone else I love the coo's but 3 and 5 probably my favourites. Glad you guys are having still having fun on the roadtrip. (y)

Tommy.

We got home at the weekend :(

Glad you liked the pics, my favourite two sets to date I think. The holiday was awesome...

Gary.

Hi well done what a lovely set of photos my favs are 2,3 & 9. They took me back to a holiday in Scotland a few years ago..(y)

Hi well done what a lovely set of photos my favs are 2,3 & 9. They took me back to a holiday in Scotland a few years ago..(y)

Years ago? Time for another me thinks!!! Visit Scotland! :D

Gary.

Guys,

Have updated the first slightly, a levels tweak:

BEFORE
17870581.jpg

AFTER
elgo3800.jpg

Tried to sort out the "Polariser" blob too! :)

Thoughts? Better before or after?

Gary.

I prefer the foreground in the second and the background of the first...although the skye is better to... its just the mountain detail which is alot of the image to me is better in the first... so no real help there! A ND Grad filter upside down might have been the answer... but hard to recreate now... certainly for me it would be but I know it can be done.

Hi Gary,

The "sunsets" don't really grab me, with the exception of no1, which is great, despite being a bit OTT. For me they don't really say much about THE PLACE itself. Could almost be any beach, anywhere. I also like no 9 in the first set. The colour of the water does it for me.

Second set is good; I like the sheep, the cows (my, those horns are SHARP), and the after version of no1.

Just wondering when you were up there.

We did Skye>Harris>Uists>Oban during the first half of June. Great Weather! Spectacular big skies! White sand beaches. We were so lucky.

I might get round to posting some of mine eventually......

I prefer the foreground in the second and the background of the first...although the skye is better to... its just the mountain detail which is alot of the image to me is better in the first... so no real help there! A ND Grad filter upside down might have been the answer... but hard to recreate now... certainly for me it would be but I know it can be done.

Thanks matey :) Not sure if either one is right or wrong, I hope that I have the balance tuned enough in both.

Hi Gary,

The "sunsets" don't really grab me, with the exception of no1, which is great, despite being a bit OTT. For me they don't really say much about THE PLACE itself. Could almost be any beach, anywhere. I also like no 9 in the first set. The colour of the water does it for me.

Second set is good; I like the sheep, the cows (my, those horns are SHARP), and the after version of no1.

Just wondering when you were up there.

We did Skye>Harris>Uists>Oban during the first half of June. Great Weather! Spectacular big skies! White sand beaches. We were so lucky.

I might get round to posting some of mine eventually......

Hi mate,

Agree with what you say about the beach shots. In isolation, they could indeed be anywhere. On some levels I find an appeal in that, keeping it ambiguous as to its where abouts I guess. The alternative is, use it as a "gap filler" in a set. For example, if I wanted a photobook to look over in the future, the overall feel of the place could be supported with these gap fillers.

Good point you have made, and one I want to think more about. I would love to one day see my work in print, but you have touched on an interesting problem.

Gary.

More great shots.

I have to ask in number 6 it looks like you are about to ot just have finished some ballet dance in jeans, is there something you are not telling us.:D

More great shots.

I have to ask in number 6 it looks like you are about to ot just have finished some ballet dance in jeans, is there something you are not telling us.:D

That's my "Try to look natural" pose :D They never ever work :LOL: Candid all the way :)

Glad you like, much appreciated.

Gary.

Love #s 2,3 and 5 :clap:

Hamish the heilan' coo looks not too bad either! :D

Don't believe him, his barrel is always half full :)
We want Hamish
We want Hamish....

:D:D:D

I missed this set - love the hairy coo shots, what lens did you use for them, because it looks like you had to get bloody close.

It also looks like you had much better weather at Callanish than I did :razz:

PS. If you do shoot Hamish, can I have a couple of steaks.

I missed this set - love the hairy coo shots, what lens did you use for them, because it looks like you had to get bloody close.

It also looks like you had much better weather at Callanish than I did :razz:

PS. If you do shoot Hamish, can I have a couple of steaks.

Cheers :) Either the 14 to 24 or the 24 to 70. I suspect the latter! :)

Hamish is still with us - he is such a coo dude! :D

Gary.

Great set of photo's Gary can I say its photographs such as yours which inspire some of us Newbies to push ourselves to acheive the same quality of shots you seem to acheive on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing and your imput to TP. (y) (y)

Great set of photo's Gary can I say its photographs such as yours which inspire some of us Newbies to push ourselves to acheive the same quality of shots you seem to acheive on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing and your imput to TP. (y) (y)

And you know what? It's replies like this, and the overwhelming support from the hundreds of members here that allow me to ignore the few eejits who have recently been rearing their heads.

Thanks so much for taking the time. Can I also add, the photos were easy and we are ALL capable of it. Easy peasy, I promise.

Gary.

Well the dummy pic is the best of the bunch for me! What shutter speed did you use to catch that!!.....;)

Seriously though, all I can say is WOW! Both sets you've posted are awesome!

Keep up the good work(y)

Well the dummy pic is the best of the bunch for me! What shutter speed did you use to catch that!!.....;)

Seriously though, all I can say is WOW! Both sets you've posted are awesome!

Keep up the good work(y)

Cheers mate, appreciated :D

As a set and individually these are great. I'm sure that (following on from your crit thread) many people could find tiny little things to pick at but I won't because what they made me think was "I want to go there and take images as good as these". So, job done, of to Arisaig for 10 days a week on friday. Can't wait. (y)

Cheers

Andy

As a set and individually these are great. I'm sure that (following on from your crit thread) many people could find tiny little things to pick at but I won't because what they made me think was "I want to go there and take images as good as these". So, job done, of to Arisaig for 10 days a week on friday. Can't wait. (y)

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

I hope you have an awesome time, get awesome weather and awesome light. You will love it mate. Thanks for the crit!!!

It fantastic.... love no. 2 and 3

Cheers and welcome to the forum! :D

Gary.

Back