Captive Slight change in processing

I like that. It's a natural looking shot and the monochrome treatment works well.

Another beautiful pic and nice processing. [emoji4]

Honestly, not a big fan on the edit compared to your normal work. Looks more sepia to me than mono (I hate sepia :D)

Hi Shaheed. Looks good but in my opinion know where near as good as the previous images you uploaded. To my eyes this looks a bit filter inspired if you know what I mean (thats ok if it is a look you intended to achieve). Where has your other images just stand out as great photographs :)

Gaz

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess it's a bit marmite. I'm not particularly sold on it to be honest. I do prefer the "straighter" colour version. I might tone down the warmer tones in the mono conversion next time. I have a less tinkered with mono version but I'm not at the computer at the mo. My preferred edit

BWS Shoot-4
by Sir SR, on Flickr

My preference is the second photo - much cleaner and fresher and frame-able :)

:agree: When you posted the set this is from, I thought they looked technically perfect and also a little different (not sure how to describe it..... but you have a 'style').

Having said that, I think the texture you've added to the background in your latest image works well. The subject's face and the background are perhaps too close in tone, which makes the image look a bit flat IMO, and if a darker or lighter background tone was used you may get a similar 'pop' to the originals you posted?

TBH I would be over the moon if either of the images were mine :)

Last edited:
I think I may be a little guilty of tweaking for tweaking's sake. Worth doing as a technical exercise but I don't think it's an improvement!

Back