Slightly pleased.

Blooming HECK Ade!

That is completely and utterly stunning!

Best of luck sir! - But with a shot like that you wont need it!

Thanks all. very pleased with the result.

I`ll dig the rest of the series out.

A shared room though!

I'd turn it down.....;)

Even if it was a young busty nymphomaniac?:)

N.B. will probably be a overweight french man!!!

Nice one Ade, cracking shot, enjoy yourself :clap:(y)

Oh wow!!!!!!

only slightly pleased???? That's brilliant, congratulations! :)

Last edited:
Second point why a flight to Abu Dhabi when at the bottom of the letter it has an address in Wales with only a PO box number. Anything like this with a PO box number always rings alarm bells. Who is actually paying for all this?

Don't forget it is so easy to create a false web site.

Ask yourself why someone in Wales would be offering a prize they are not paying for, but by some organisation based in the Emerates? seems a little strange to me.

There used to be a scam that offered trips abroad which actually took place but when the winner returned home the house was stripped bare. Don't forget you are giving a complete stranger not only details of when your house is empty but for how long as well.

Check out the company with companies house to see if its genuine

Realspeed

I under stand what you are saying and why you said it.
But that is Dr. Nick fox's registered business address.
He is very well known through-out the world of falconry
And I have no reason to think that this is a scam.
The IFF is a genuine meeting / fayre.

Ade, if you are unsure give me a shout and I can send you another telephone
number and email address for Nick.
Falconry is a small world ;)

I`m not concerned Chris, did some background before I entered the comp.

Appreciate your concern though Realspeed (assume Bazza is Barry?),thanks.

Thanks for the comments of others as well.

This lot are of the same sequence, dunno why I chose the one I entered, come to think of it,the Wife chose it..........:LOL:

Peregrines3-1.jpg

Peregrines4.jpg

Peregrines5.jpg

Peregrines6.jpg

Them talons are pretty big as well.

Toothpick-1.jpg

D300, 300F4 with a 1.7 tc.

Last edited:
I`m not concerned Chris, did some background before I entered the comp..
I thought that you would have done Ade (y)
This lot are of the same sequence, dunno why I chose the one I entered, come to think of it,the Wife chose it..........:LOL:
Actually I agree with your Mrs the one you entered is the best of the
bunch, maybe "having a scratch" would have been a close second choice ;)

Just wanted to say that these pictures and the birds they show are awesome in the true sense of the word.

I've spent many a week/month doing peregrine survey work for various organisations and I know how (lucky you were - oops) difficult they must have been to take. I'm very envious!

Just wanted to say that these pictures and the birds they show are awesome in the true sense of the word.

I've spent many a week/month doing peregrine survey work for various organisations and I know how (lucky you were - oops) difficult they must have been to take. I'm very envious!

Hi Jeremy, in fairness, I watch four nest sites up here. One gives the best views without disturbing the birds, that is of paramount importance to me. So ,yes, luck does play a part. But so do the endless hours I sit and watch, sometimes I see a fabulous display, sometimes I see nothing. I dare not think of the paid hours I have lost in my quest to photograph these amazing birds...................:puke:

As you have watched them, studied them and marvelled at them, i`m sure you understand the fascination they hold to me..........(y)

Without a doubt, they are my favourite bird now. Though I still watch and wonder at kestrels hovering..............:)

I liked that one as well Sarah, it shows the huge difference in size between the male and female.

But the wife knows best,again...................:LOL:

An excellent series of shots, congratulations on the place in the final. Keeping my fingers crossed that you do well. Suspect that the opportunity for loads of falcon photography at Al Ain is more of interest to you than the potential prize money though !!!!!

An excellent series of shots, congratulations on the place in the final. Keeping my fingers crossed that you do well. Suspect that the opportunity for loads of falcon photography at Al Ain is more of interest to you than the potential prize money though !!!!!

Very much so, thanks for the comment.....:)

If I had a hat on, I'd take it off. That's a fantastic image and well worth the perseverance.

On average, how long do you spend observing at each sitting?

Congrats...something I can only dream of...you must be so proud, and a cracking shot too!

Hi, just seen your post, congratulations! I too made the final five, in two catagories , so I'll be there as well! See you there in December!

Lee.

ps: I was a bit pleased as well!

www.wildgallery.co.uk

Last edited:
If I had a hat on, I'd take it off. That's a fantastic image and well worth the perseverance.

On average, how long do you spend observing at each sitting?

The prime time is six weeks from end of May to end of june.......ish.

The birds are there all year round, just more prevelant when they have young.

This is one of a few nestsites that I , and other like minded people know of,they are looked after,very well.

Hi, just seen your post, congratulations! I too made the final five, in two catagories , so I'll be there as well! See you there in December!

Lee.

ps: I was a bit pleased as well!

www.wildgallery.co.uk
Fair does Lee. drop me an email or bell me, be nice too have a chat before we go.

(y)

Thanks Richard.

love how you have captured them stretching out to accept the prey and the one having a scratch is great

Sorry Karen, nearly missed your comment. I was quite pleased to get the set, problem is that I am above this nest and as soon as either bird gets below sky level, the AF cannot keep up with them. A mixture of speed and natural camouflage, the birds are obviously grey in colour as is the surrounding landscape, make it very difficult to lock the focus onto the bird. You can get them as they leave the nest, but even with the 800 on it is still a bit of a crop.So getting them in the sky is usually the only real option for me. The plus side of being above the nest is that they are not generally to high above you as they come swooping in.

Sometimes the handover is close, sometimes away off in the distance, right place at the right time for once.....................:D

Update...........First prize in the final, wild bird category......(y)

Rather pleased.

Lee`s merlin in the landscape should have won in my opinion as well. Tough luck bud.

Update...........First prize in the final, wild bird category......(y)

Rather pleased.

Lee`s merlin in the landscape should have won in my opinion as well. Tough luck bud.

Not surprised with images like that :clap: (y)

Back