Slow shutter speed waterfalls

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
I know some people hate them but I like them so I am posting them up.

IMG_2654-1.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

C and C

Thanks
Matt

I like them Matt. Just the right combination of smooth and clear water too. Not too smooth, not too sharp (y) up from me.

THe spirit level on my tripod was levl :)

If it's anything like the bubble level on my scope tripod, I'd get a known decent spirit level and test and compare... The bubble level included on mine scope tripod is at best useless.

If it's anything like the bubble level on my scope tripod, I'd get a known decent spirit level and test and compare... The bubble level included on mine scope tripod is at best useless.

Oh right, I see. I will do that then :D

Wierd, ok ignore me :)

Gary.

Jon maybe onto sometihng :D

I really like these kind of shots.

I like the long exp. of sea as well.

I've tried taking them but I suspect I need some ND filters to allow me to get a long enough exposure.

Would that be the way forward with this kind of shot?

Regards,

Steve

That's as far off true as ever I've seen from you. The spirit level can tell lies too. A quick use of the straighten tool would have confirmed the spirit level was out. The captures are great, the tripod needs its legs slapping.

That's as far off true as ever I've seen from you. The spirit level can tell lies too. A quick use of the straighten tool would have confirmed the spirit level was out. The captures are great, the tripod needs its legs slapping.

:LOL:

What he said :D

I really like these kind of shots.

I like the long exp. of sea as well.

I've tried taking them but I suspect I need some ND filters to allow me to get a long enough exposure.

Would that be the way forward with this kind of shot?

Regards,

Steve

I used manual and adjusted my settings accordingly :)

Thank you very much!!!

I love this kind of water effect. In the first one I think it's smooth all the frame, even the still walls...The secon one is better than the first, but I think it's a little slant.

Thank you!!

Christ, is it that bad :LOL:

Will do when I get home :)

:LOL:

What he said :D

:D

Even though I detest milky water, you haven't overdone it.

Like the slope on your images too!

Nice shots Matt... love the pinstripe water on the right of the second one.!

As mentioned the bubble level on a tripod body is completely useless seeing as you will be moving your camera about at all angles on the head!!! :D

There's a spirit level on my tripod as well. The tripod cost more than £400. It's unlikely to tell lies.

But it doesn't matter how level your tripod is, if the head is at an angle, does it?;)

Nice shots Matt... love the pinstripe water on the right of the second one.!

As mentioned the bubble level on a tripod body is completely useless seeing as you will be moving your camera about at all angles on the head!!! :D

THank you.

There's a spirit level on my tripod as well. The tripod cost more than £400. It's unlikely to tell lies.

But it doesn't matter how level your tripod is, if the head is at an angle, does it?;)

Thanks

Sorry, Janice, I didn't read yours ....

lol

Great description and I agree

Thank you!

Sorry Matt ! when you look at a weir or water fall, does it look that? Its just they look too smooth , water should be a living spraying thing , exciting and dangerous!
Smoothed off with long exposures really dont do it for me IMHO (i am an old git)
cheers Matt

Nice shots Matt.
... badronald - the camera never tells the truth, but it is out there !

Sorry Matt ! when you look at a weir or water fall, does it look that? Its just they look too smooth , water should be a living spraying thing , exciting and dangerous!
Smoothed off with long exposures really dont do it for me IMHO (i am an old git)
cheers Matt

Fariy nuf (y)

Nice shots Matt.
... badronald - the camera never tells the truth, but it is out there !

Thank you :)

Back