Small collection Snowdonia

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Some recent images from Snowdonia snow on the summit now so hoping to get out a little more over the holidays, great place to be, best viewed large on flickr, ps happy Xmas fellow members.

1.looking down the Llyn Peninsula
Nantlle Ridge by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

2.morning light taken from my front garden
Bwlch Derwin by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

3. Llyn Dywarchen
Llyn Dywarchen by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

4.Yr Aran which lies south of Snowdon
Yr Aran by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

5.On my decent looking back to Snowdon Ranger Path
Snowdon Ranger by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

6.sun rays Moel Hebog, Colour version
Moel Hebog by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

What a beautiful set the last three in particular are really beautiful. Seasons greetings to you and family.(y)

Lovely set to finish off the year with Kev. Thanks for posting and a merry Christmas to you.

Super set Kevin. My favourites are #1 and #3 for very different reasons. #3 has some super reflections and some foreground interest - just missing a single white fluffy cloud LOL. #1 is all about light and shade and provides a wonderful vista and some atmosphere because of that.

Love the view from your garden, what a view to live with.
Really drawn to No.5 - the contrast between the clouds and the shadow under them with the mountain crest illuminated.

#1 for me, fantastic light giving the scene real depth.

Hi Kev!
Ranger Path and Llyn Dywarchen for me mate but then you know my view! You can do no wrong up there (unless your camera goes off in your rucsac :)) Stunning light in this set, Ranger path is one of my favorite routes. The cloud and the light in that shot is magical. Fantastic reflection and light in Llyn Dywarchen.
All stunners to me Kev, 5 and 3 exceptional...... OK 6 have those crepuscular rays i love so much too....
You have done great justice to a stunning place again mate!
Cheers

Steve

I love threads like this. Nice view to wake up to BTW. I am most drawn to the 3rd image, its most similar to one I would take. Its still and restful, and makes you feel relaxed. To me that's what I love in the countyside, stillness and calm.

However, let it be said, its not as striking light wise or contrast wise as the others, and for many that's what they look for when they shoot, moodiness, drama and menace which 1,5,6 capture. A series thread like this is excellent as it allows for the full depth and variation of the area to be felt and seen through out a range of conditions.

Nice as usual. I'm up in the lakes for a week over new year so hope I can get the light and post some that will not be too shamed.;)

Have a great Xmas and happy walking.

1st one for me. Really nice!

3 & 4 are perfect. 5 I really like too, I feel if it is a crop that, and I know it is a shadow, but a bit more hillside at the bottom would balance it better.

And to you and family Philip, not sure planning will ever be granted to demolish the famous boat house, I have grown to appreciate it over the years
Kevin

Back