Small fly on the tip of a Sunflower leaf

Very nice Gav.

Cool ;)

Very nice macro/close up style capture Gav.

That is a cracker, nice one Gav. Always meant to try macro never did hmmm food for thought.

Cracking detail and a nice composition, well shot! Is there something up with its wing, looks a bit odd? Newly hatched perhaps and waiting for the wings to harden up or maybe just damaged?

Cracking detail and a nice composition, well shot! Is there something up with its wing, looks a bit odd? Newly hatched perhaps and waiting for the wings to harden up or maybe just damaged?
Now you mention it, I hadn't seen that, till now, but newly hatched and drying off seems likely a the tips of the wings seem to be the last to harden.

Cracking detail and a nice composition, well shot!
Thank you, Ryan.

Is there something up with its wing, looks a bit odd? Newly hatched perhaps and waiting for the wings to harden up or maybe just damaged?
Now you mention it, I hadn't seen that, till now, but newly hatched and drying off seems likely a the tips of the wings seem to be the last to harden.
:runaway:I never noticed that :facepalm:

It was sat 4ft up a Sunflower, I think you guys are right about it waiting for the wings to harden.

Could explain why it 'allowed' me to stick a lens in its face!:LOL:

It did fly off after a while, I was sat next to the plant for while watching the wasps drinking and bathing in the ponds waterfall.

Back