small shoulder bag ???

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, im after a smallish shoulder bag to hold a d300 + lens, + an extra lens or two.

I use a lowepro mini trekker and i find this a bit too big most of the time and think i would prefer a shoulder bag that wont take up so much space.

Any recommendations?

Crumpler Muffin Top 7500 is popular. There have been a few threads about it recently, with pics, if you run a seach.

I have one with Canon 40D and 17-55 fitted, 70-200 4 L, 580EX, odds and sods. Very light, and not a single zip anywhere ;)

Thanks, looks good, if a little big

i may be better with the 5500?

I don't know Jon :shrug: But Crumplers are so light, I'd get the biggest one you reasonably can. Just have the discipline not to fill it with heavy stuff you don't really need.

I posted on this topic just a few days ago and the concensus seemed to lie with the crumplers. I have a Lowepro 200 AW and it is a great medium sized, but it is a little big for occassional use when just out and about.

The crumplers can be found here.

For anyone who knows crumplers can you tell me if there is much difference in the muffin top and pretty boy? are they effectively the same bag?

Jon - I am also trying hard to decide which one to get. I think that the 7500 might be too big, so also looking at the 5500. Does anyone own one of these and can comment?

I've got the 5500 and it is a lot smaller than you think. I've got my 40d, 35 L and 70-200 F4, with literally no space for anything else. I posted photo's a couple of months ago with this kit, and will try and find the link. As others have suggested, get the 7500 and at least you won't have to change bags if you buy a further lens/flash/etc.

Here's the link with my photo's (3rd page) of crumpler 5500 ...

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=106182&highlight=crumpler+muffin+top

I've got the 5500 and it is a lot smaller than you think. I've got my 40d, 35 L and 70-200 F4, with literally no space for anything else. I posted photo's a couple of months ago with this kit, and will try and find the link. As others have suggested, get the 7500 and at least you won't have to change bags if you buy a further lens/flash/etc.

Here's the link with my photo's (3rd page) of crumpler 5500 ...

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=106182&highlight=crumpler+muffin+top

Great thread for anyone wanting a crumpler - should be made a sticky.(y)

I was all set for a 5500 and then read that thread. Once you actually bring out a tape measure and check the dimensions you soon realise how over optimistic the crumpler storage claims are.

did you look at the billingham hadley pro? perfect for a body and a couple of lenses

Thanks guys,

just ordered 7500 - Black/Mustard

will let you know when it arrives

Jon - as I am looking myself can I ask where you ordered from?

did you look at the billingham hadley pro? perfect for a body and a couple of lenses

I wanted a Billingham Hadley Pro and tried hard to squeeze my gear in. But it's very narrow. Got the Muffin Top 7500(y)

nice, what colour did you go for?

I payed a little extra because i needed it by friday and amazon have always been spot on.

My bag come today, but i havn't been home yet to have a look.

The black/mustard one. I was concerned about ordering from them, but I called first to make sure thay had it in stock and when they would deliver. I hope to get it tomorrow.

Tested the bag out :)

Its nice, just the right size for D300+Grip+17-50mm , 28-75mm and 70-300mm VR

next to 1.5L bottle

008.jpg

001.jpg

006.jpg

Have you checked out the Tamrac Velocity series of bags - I've got a velocity 9 which is just right for a camera, spare lens and a speedlight - it's also very slim and easy to carry

Back