Beginner Smoke

Very nice indeed,that deserves a frame and being on a wall on a gallery

Cool ;)

Thank you for the comments. Next step it’s to start editing I guess which confuses the hell out of me

If you do a search for smoke in the creative photography forum section on here there is a chap with a you tube video on smoke photography which includes a section on editing,well worth watching
Its called incense stick photography by cardiff gareth

Last edited:
If you do a search for smoke in the creative photography forum section on here there is a chap with a you tube video on smoke photography which includes a section on editing,well worth watching
I will go and have a look. I did enjoy it but also found if frustrating

Thanks for pointing me to his videos. Me and IT just don’t get along I managed to edit this one on my phone. I’m not a fan of editing I was always well what u get is what u get. ( maybe it’s because I struggle with it. But now after trying it and seeing the outcome it’s worth the effort

Attachments

• _MG_0840.jpeg
    _MG_0840.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8071.jpeg
    IMG_8071.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for pointing me to his videos. Me and IT just don’t get along I managed to edit this one on my phone. I’m not a fan of editing I was always well what u get is what u get. ( maybe it’s because I struggle with it. But now after trying it and seeing the outcome it’s worth the effort

I was the same when I started it almost seemed like "cheating", but I soon learned that the picture is the cameras interpretation of the scene and it has it's limitations.
I played with the levels and sharpened it a little with Affinity and here is the result, hope you don't mind @Cobra did it to one of my pics and it has made a big difference to the finished image.

_smoke3 by John, on Flickr

This thread has opened up a whole new area for me, I am off out to try and buy some incense sticks and have a go.

This thread has opened up a whole new area for me, I am off out to try and buy some incense sticks and have a go.

Me to, I have some Patchouli ones some where ....

Now this is smoke! Two big forest fire's in the state and smoke every where! :)

V5KxYHRl.jpg

Me to, I have some Patchouli ones some where ....

Mrs Nod has literally hundreds (if not thousands!) of the things - she stocks them at her (yoga) studio. FWIW, I find Nag Champa the least objectionable of the flavours.

I was the same when I started it almost seemed like "cheating", but I soon learned that the picture is the cameras interpretation of the scene and it has it's limitations.
I played with the levels and sharpened it a little with Affinity and here is the result, hope you don't mind @Cobra did it to one of my pics and it has made a big difference to the finished image.

_smoke3 by John, on Flickr
Don’t mind I love it. Thank you. I have photoshop and canon one. I open them up it’s like where the hell do I start.

I’ve started to find it relaxing now. Still finding my way. For every 20 pictures I take I one I’m sort of happy with. I’ve been using lavender cones. Two from last night. The house smells nice as well

Attachments

• IMG_8111.jpeg
    IMG_8111.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8101.jpeg
    IMG_8101.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 6
I just adjusted the levels and usm (unsharp mask)

Oh, and you're all bloody hippies, the lot of ya.... :D

Back