Snow Leopard

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Another shot of one of Marwell's newer Snow Leopards. Shot through wire fencing with the fence filter on :LOL:

541155402bf92_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning stuff Alby, quite right they are so photogenic and that "fence" filter really does work, I wonder if nikon do one. ;)

graham.

Alby,

If you can get shots like the snow leopard then I must have a fence filter.

I have googled without success trying to find out what a fence filter is.

Many good shots are consigned to the dustbin because of the fences.

So, I reckon you are the only person to ask - what are they?

John

Thats beautiful Alby.
Thanks Dawn, it is a beautiful animal.
Stunning stuff Alby, quite right they are so photogenic and that "fence" filter really does work, I wonder if nikon do one. ;)

graham.
Cheers Graham, Nikon were the forerunners of the fence filter :p :LOL:
Alby,

If you can get shots like the snow leopard then I must have a fence filter.

I have googled without success trying to find out what a fence filter is.

Many good shots are consigned to the dustbin because of the fences.

So, I reckon you are the only person to ask - what are they?

John
John it is a joke that was started a long time ago back in the 80s and I just happen to have keep the myth alive by taking the "P" out of a few friends occasionally. :D Thanks for looking.
It is making the fence seem not to be there be using a long lens and an open aperture, my 400mm and f5.6 works quite well at the distance from the fence you can achieve at Marwell. ;)

Alby,

Thanks for the 'detailed' reply.

Will have to work a bit harder with the snow leopards, without the ability to use this magical fence filter.

John

Cheers Graham, Nikon were the forerunners of the fence filter :p :LOL:
I just happen to have keep the myth alive by taking the "P" out of a few friends occasionally.
;)

Now you tell us...............I've been saving up for one for ages:D

Super shot mate:clap:

What a great shot that is superb.
I just love Leopards snow ones in particular, that one looks extreemly relaxed and laid back.

Excellent shot, especially through the fence! I've shot these cats at Marwell before but never got one this good. We're due another visit towards the end of the month so I'll have to give them another shot.

John it is a joke that was started a long time ago back in the 80s and I just happen to have keep the myth alive by taking the "P" out of a few friends occasionally. :D ;)

Yeah, including me :razz:

:D

Stunning shot mate. Cover of a mag type of shot (y)

Excellent young man :)

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. The fence filter has causes a lot of laughs over the years as Crusher, Dave Kiddle and Andy Fozzy will no doubt agree. :D

Its a beauty Alby, a teensy bit of off camera fill flash ( I know it most likely was not possible ) wouldve really made it zing.

Very good indeed Alby :clap::clap: The only thing it needs is a big cuddle imo :D

Its a beauty Alby, a teensy bit of off camera fill flash ( I know it most likely was not possible ) wouldve really made it zing.
I have a couple with flash Angi and they have lovely green diamond pupils :D I was trying flash to get it to look at me but it seemed a little shy. :LOL:
Very good indeed Alby :clap::clap: The only thing it needs is a big cuddle imo :D
If and when you do Rich let me know and I will come along take your photo for prosperity. ;) Thanks for looking. ;)

Much prefer this one Alby TBH (y)

Back