Studio So ........

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
I took Garry up on his offer to visit Lencarta. Great afternoon. A bit overwhelmed by the space/choice of lights and modifiers - it was my first time in a studio!! Learnt a lot, learnt what I would do differently next time too! A totally worthwhile experience. I know there are errors on some of these pics, but the process was more than useful to determine why/how I made the errors!

Just Dance by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Just Hit Me with your Eye by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Fliss_ by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Fliss (14-366) by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

I'll add more when I get time!

Ta

Shaheed

last one is my fav the colours really POP :D Could be because all the others are Mono hehhee

Nice gig Shaheed! Keep rocking'!

Hiya Shaheed.
Great stuff well done with these !
The colour ones of these are going to look best imo as in the B&W's the model is blending into the background (in places). Thats to my eyes.

Gaz

Last edited:
Shaheed, can I ask what set up you used from the choices you had available? These look good to me, wondering what you think you would change or do differently. How far was the model from the background?

Shaheed, can I ask what set up you used from the choices you had available? These look good to me, wondering what you think you would change or do differently. How far was the model from the background?

Had two reflective brollies on the background. A couple of gridded strips, octa/soft box boomed overhead. Some had a hair light too!!

I think remembering to change the lights position and power during different poses.

I think I'd quite fancy a darker (grey/black) backdrop. Also I think of like to try it a bit simpler in some next time - like using a big octa up close or something.

Definitely a learning experience. There was a lot of distance between model and background.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1453232806.086893.jpg

Had two reflective brollies on the background. A couple of gridded strips, octa/soft box boomed overhead. Some had a hair light too!!

I think remembering to change the lights position and power during different poses.

I think I'd quite fancy a darker (grey/black) backdrop. Also I think of like to try it a bit simpler in some next time - like using a big octa up close or something.

Definitely a learning experience. There was a lot of distance between model and background.

View attachment 54861

That's a lot of kit!! I wouldn't know where to begin setting that lot up.

I think a darker background would work with these too. I agree with Gaz's point about some of the model (side of legs) getting a bit lost.

Thanks for posting the pull back, very interesting to see.

Were these a test-run for your upcoming dance session?

For my liking, I'm missing some deeper shadows. Maybe less fill next time?

Were these a test-run for your upcoming dance session?

For my liking, I'm missing some deeper shadows. Maybe less fill next time?

Cheers

I feel I learned a lot, and whilst I'm not massively happy with them, I'm not massively disappointed either.

Fliss is a dancer, so this was a bit of a tester for her (to see if she could work with me/get decent pics) and for me. I think we will do it again but armed with more experience/knowledge now!

Lovely stuff! The only problem is that studio work is addictive :)

You're not wrong. As soon as I saw the stuff on the computer at home, I saw stuff I wanted to do it again with some changes.

Wish I had a laptop so I could have shot tethered. Would have made a big difference I think!!

Wow looks like you had loads fun. Some nice images there. As for the set up, LOOK AT ALL THAT SPACE. The longest I can get at home is 4.5 metres, and I have to take the sofa out of the room to do that!! Oh for a studio lol.

The third is my favourite. I know it's not the modern way of model studio photography, with females especially, but there's something lovely and old fashioned about a pretty girl smiling for the camera especially with a mono image.

And, having said that, the last colour one with the lights you've posted more recently is very nicely done and I like the lighting and processing. And to prove my theory wrong, there's no smile here! Good composition in this one as well as the exposure.

Back