Sombre

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
IMG_3140.png

The image technically is good - exposure, Lighting ( maybe a tad over exposed) bit all in all all well shot

The pose and expression however, is a little - well what can I say? its not the usual expression you get when doing a portrait also the subject is a little too Central in the frame for me

Les ;)

The image technically is good - exposure, Lighting ( maybe a tad over exposed) bit all in all all well shot

The pose and expression however, is a little - well what can I say? its not the usual expression you get when doing a portrait also the subject is a little too Central in the frame for me

Les ;)
Thanks for commenting Les. I'm fully aware it's not the 'usual' expression.

I think the reason for the LOL's are a bit of confusion.

The title and expression 'Sombre' match.

However, the outfit, lighting, pose and composition don't say 'Sombre', they're just standard snapshot. Does that make sense?

I think the reason for the LOL's are a bit of confusion.

The title and expression 'Sombre' match.

However, the outfit, lighting, pose and composition don't say 'Sombre', they're just standard snapshot. Does that make sense?

Not especially Phil - I'm not sure I need to have a subject wearing black, shot at night outside a church for it to be sombre, thanks for commenting though.

Thanks for commenting Les. I'm fully aware it's not the 'usual' expression.

It may help if you explain a little what you were trying to achieve with this photo to help our critique. If you literally just wanted a sharp/well exposed shot of a really P***** off looking woman, then you have achieved it. Other than that, I can only echo what Les and Phil have said regarding the composition/pose etc.

Cheers

Nick

Actually Nick, I was keen to see what peoples thoughts were, I know there is contrast between the expression and the processing. I personally think the subjects face is expression-less rather than peed off, with a little bit of sadness.

Don't agree that the subject's face is expressionless. If you take a little time you can see the 'sadness' in her eyes; like most of us (probably) I was initially guilty of expecting something else when I clicked on the thread title...

It would have been interesting to see a shot with the same expression but with her not making eye contact with the camera.. i.e. her looking down slightly as (IMHO) that may have added to the sombre 'mood' perhaps.

The look on her face is questioning/confrontational to my mind. As in "you want to try it?" Or "do you seriously expect me to believe that?"

I don't see sadness (or sombre).

For me it looks like a snap, and the title has given it more attention than it deserves.

Don't agree that the subject's face is expressionless. If you take a little time you can see the 'sadness' in her eyes; like most of us (probably) I was initially guilty of expecting something else when I clicked on the thread title...

It would have been interesting to see a shot with the same expression but with her not making eye contact with the camera.. i.e. her looking down slightly as (IMHO) that may have added to the sombre 'mood' perhaps.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
The look on her face is questioning/confrontational to my mind. As in "you want to try it?" Or "do you seriously expect me to believe that?"

I don't see sadness (or sombre).

For me it looks like a snap, and the title has given it more attention than it deserves.
Thanks for taking the time Ryan, but to respond to the last sentence; more fool you for bothering, right?

Back