Some Architectural Shots From Wales

Superb set there love them all, I see you can never keep to far away from the water and those reflections. :)(y)

1 and 3 for me. Fancy choosing this time of year to leave Spain..

First is a stunner, who needs the science and art park when you've got #2 eh!

@sbowler579 It wasn't as much of a shock as I was expecting is the truth. The thing I always notice though about trips to the UK is that there is much less light there compared to here!
@Brazo Haha, I still rather be here :)

I always enjoy looking at your images Ricardo. The bridge looks great against the blue back drop. The lights and reflected light in the water really works well in this exposure.

These interiors are stunning mate and worth viewing on black on Flickr too.

[crh]Gorgeous, Dahling![crh]
(crh = Craig Revel-Horwood, one of the camp judges on Strictly Come Dancing.)

Had a play with a couple of sheets of paper to see how a square crop of the top one worked and it may be worth a couple of seconds in PS if you haven't already tried. Being VERY picky, it seems to be ever so slightly skewed, possibly only in perspective but it is marginally off. Of course, being the Arab room, it could be built like that and the "offness" could be the imperfection!

Lovely images Richard !!!

I'm not sure that it's the amount of available light or just the quality of the light, but it's interesting to see that there's a marked difference to the feel of these outdoor shots to your similar images taken in Spain.
You've absolutely done it justice and they're beautiful shots, just interesting to note how different the light is.

It's the indoor ones that grab me though. I always love your ceiling shots and I have to say that the one in post#9 is outstanding IMO.
I'm actually really ashamed to admit that Cardiff Castle is practically on my doorstep, but I've never been inside and I had no idea how stunning the interiors were :eek:ops:

Were you just visiting for fun or do you have family down here?

Lovely images Richard !!!

I'm not sure that it's the amount of available light or just the quality of the light, but it's interesting to see that there's a marked difference to the feel of these outdoor shots to your similar images taken in Spain.
You've absolutely done it justice and they're beautiful shots, just interesting to note how different the light is.

It's the indoor ones that grab me though. I always love your ceiling shots and I have to say that the one in post#9 is outstanding IMO.
I'm actually really ashamed to admit that Cardiff Castle is practically on my doorstep, but I've never been inside and I had no idea how stunning the interiors were :eek:ops:

Were you just visiting for fun or do you have family down here?

Hi Sarah, and thank you so much. I was looking for a house. My Spanish adventure is coming to an end and I am moving to Cardiff. I wish I wasn't but c'est la vie!
The shot you like is actually a handheld shot from my compact. The combination of fast lens and very good HDR mode (it takes a number of shots at different exposures then blends them in camera) makes it ideal for indoor shots such as these.

Hi Sarah, and thank you so much. I was looking for a house. My Spanish adventure is coming to an end and I am moving to Cardiff. I wish I wasn't but c'est la vie!
The shot you like is actually a handheld shot from my compact. The combination of fast lens and very good HDR mode (it takes a number of shots at different exposures then blends them in camera) makes it ideal for indoor shots such as these.

Very impressive for a compact (y)

And don't worry, it really isn't THAT bad in South Wales :LOL:
I don't want to take your thread off topic, but feel free to drop me a PM if you want to know anything about any of the areas in Cardiff that you're looking at.

Saw these in Flickr....brilliant shots of the Castle, having worked in that city it's very different to most parts which are a .......*.... better stop there!

*other towns and cities also have other parts ;)

[crh]Gorgeous, Dahling![crh]
(crh = Craig Revel-Horwood, one of the camp judges on Strictly Come Dancing.)

Had a play with a couple of sheets of paper to see how a square crop of the top one worked and it may be worth a couple of seconds in PS if you haven't already tried. Being VERY picky, it seems to be ever so slightly skewed, possibly only in perspective but it is marginally off. Of course, being the Arab room, it could be built like that and the "offness" could be the imperfection!

Just for you Nod!

OH MY when I rolled the wheel on my mouse on the first image, the side of the image moved like cogs ! blew me away ! shame you are leaving Spain, good luck in the next part of your life. I love the light here too and always enjoy looking at your images, thank you.

Reactions: Nod
OH MY when I rolled the wheel on my mouse on the first image, the side of the image moved like cogs ! blew me away ! shame you are leaving Spain, good luck in the next part of your life. I love the light here too and always enjoy looking at your images, thank you.
Thanks very much. Very kind of you :)

Thank you for the crop, works very well. Hope you think it was worth the effort.

Back