Some basketball

tom

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys

Since I'm new here, not many of you will have seen any of my basketball photography, so I thought I'd share a few shots just incase anyone is interested. Quite boring stuff, but hey ho:

just to start off, a picture i took at my very first basketball game behind the lens:

firstbasketballgame.jpg

....and what i've progressed to:

#1 Underneath the same basket in the same arena as the above shot:
7.jpg

#2 Harlem Globetrotters at the Manchester Evening News arena, on my 17th birthday last year:
5.jpg

#3 Bit of a different crop than you usually see
2.jpg

#4 Harlem Globetrotters again this year, even as official photographer it took 20 minutes of explaining to get them to let me in with my kit lol
024.jpg

032.jpg

#6 bit more lower league stuff:
4.jpg

3.jpg

These aren't necessarily my best stuff, just threw a few shots into a post for you to have a gander at :) Not got all my stuff online at the moment either so it was a bit hard.

Cheers,

Tom.

EDIT:

oh and a bit of eye candy for those who don't like sport....one of the cheerleaders from the harlem game this year:

cheerleaders2.jpg

hey Ally :)

The reason I got into basketball photography is because of the level of basketball i play at :) I was an england international for a good few years (played and beat the scottish a good few times :p), so when i started photography it made sense to photograph what i was around almost every day :)

I use a Canon EOS-20D, with almost always an 85mm F1.8 strapped on the front. Absolutely love that lens. In the MEN arena for the globetrotters i was at around 1/600th of a second, iso1600, f2.2 :)

Cheers,

Tom.

hey Ally :)

The reason I got into basketball photography is because of the level of basketball i play at :) I was an england international for a good few years (played and beat the scottish a good few times :p), so when i started photography it made sense to photograph what i was around almost every day :)

I use a Canon EOS-20D, with almost always an 85mm F1.8 strapped on the front. Absolutely love that lens. In the MEN arena for the globetrotters i was at around 1/600th of a second, iso1600, f2.2 :)

Cheers,

Tom.

Thats really good for halls, I know that the hall I play in you struggle to get 3200iso f1.8@1/160. in some of the better halls you might get 250@iso1600 f2.2 that never really happens. I don't really like shooting at 1.8 I feel the images are a bit soft? how often do you photograph or play?

the ones at the amaechi centre (red kitted team being the manchester magic) i get iso1600 f1.8 1/500th....but tend to do f2.2 1/600th ish around 3200 instead.

It's the off season as i'm sure you know, but when in season i train twice a week and have one or two games :) I was shooting once a week basketball wise, shot a total of around 15-20?

Tom.

Enjoyed looking at those :) #4 is the pick for me. Would have liked to see how far off the floor he was though.

Also looking forward to the next lot.

cheers for the comments guys, first time I've been able to pop back here in a few days :)

Tom.

Nice details...

Back