Some CX shots

That is a nice varied set there, I do like some of the angles you have taken these at, very nice work.

Thanks for the input guys , Sbowler I much prefer to go low or high in my shots as opposed to the standard head height shot.
Tommy I have that shot minus the marshal as my current desktop, one of my fave shots

overall - agree with the different angles…although….

for me…

#1 - is a nothing shot - could have been taken by anyone standing next to the track…>>>>>bin

#2 - shame you cropped off the front wheel, nice and low though, may be just clone out the twig/grass on the back wheel..?

#3 - could do with a boost - very bland colouring, not enough clarity to bring out the colour of the sky…again I think you've not included enough of the subject in the shot...only a very small amount of colour in the shot - may be turn to B&W

#4 - rider too central to the shot and my pet hate is seeing marshals in the shot, I know they usually stand in the most awkward of places, but that's half the challenge…i would say a little under exposed as you can't really see the front of the bike. I would also be tempted to straighten the last one either along the stump or tape line…the curve of the track should still provide aspect

glad to see someone trying different stuff…

look forward to your next set..

JB

Blythieboy many many thanks for that, defo gives me something to look at and improve on. #2&3 Agreed I do tend to be missing too much of the subject and I'm trying to pull back a bit on the zoom but trying to get close or into the action I do get sucked back in or occasionally run out of zoom. #4 Hate Marshals and in fact i did remove the marshal ( badly) from this pic, he kept creeping back into my shot after composing.
Again I really appreciate the comments, I really would love to pursue CX further as its a great sport to watch and shoot so this helps

Back