DSC_2842.JPG

DSC_2845.JPG
DSC_2855.JPG

DSC_2865.JPG

DSC_2870.JPG

DSC_2882.JPG

comments and feedback welcome

What set up did you use?
I've seen a few of the flies from #4 in my garden and just cant get near enough with my raynox.
This is from earlier today!
DSC07100.jpg

What set up did you use?
I've seen a few of the flies from #4 in my garden and just cant get near enough with my raynox.

I have a Nikon D7000 and Sigma 105 lens with a 1.4 teleconverter. I used an external flash unit (have ring flash coming soon).

Manual focus Shutter speed 250 with aperture F14. ISO on auto.

I tend to go out into the countryside, park the car and look for insects bonking or feeding near hedge rows as they seem more content to pose irrespective of how close I get. I start off maybe a foot away from the target and work my way in slowly. Not sure but maybe the flash dazzles them:)

(y) Colours and backgrounds are there. A bit more practice on focus is all thats needed.

Good stuff!

What set up did you use?

I have a Nikon D7000 and Sigma 105 lens with a 1.4 teleconverter. I used an external flash unit (have ring flash coming soon).

Manual focus Shutter speed 250 with aperture F14. ISO on auto.

I tend to go out into the countryside, park the car and look for insects bonking or feeding near hedge rows as they seem more content to pose irrespective of how close I get. I start off maybe a foot away from the target and work my way in slowly. Not sure but maybe the flash dazzles them:)

good shots, try to work your way round to the front, move low, avoid casting shadows over th subject as you move slowly, you will be surprised how close you can get :)

Last edited:
(y) Colours and backgrounds are there. A bit more practice on focus is all thats needed.

Good stuff!

Tough conditions today with a strong breeze and rain at times. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Back