some more fungi!

#2 for me although the detail and lighting is excellent in them all. I don't think the OOF fungi in the foreground works in #1 as they dominate the image.

I don't think the OOF fungi in the foreground works in #1 as they dominate the image.

Strongly agree. The other three all work well for me. I like them all, so the following comments are nit-picks, definite "maybe's" and matters of taste, and the "issues" might have been largely unavoidable anyway.

The cropping in #2 feels just a bit tight for me on the right and the top. I wondered about pulling the left side in a lot to match the narrow boundary space on the right, but that puts the main subject bang in the middle, so probably not a good idea. But closing up the empty space on the left a tad might be worth trying?

With #3 I would be inclined to take the left side out just enough to stop the small white one on the edge being cut off, or failing that burning the white one so it is less conspicuous. I might also try cheating (don't know how you feel about this sort of thing!) at the bottom right and cloning out the light white/green dome on the bottom edge. Not sure though if there is enough source material to allow that to be done invisibly.

#4 feels just a fraction tight on the left to me.

Thanks guys, I can see where your coming from with #1, may try again with smaller oof fungi in the foreground and larger in focus fungi in the background.

After looking again with fresh eyes I agree completly on the tightness of the crops and will adjust these later.

I have no problem with cheating so may try a little cloning to.

Thanks again guys comments much appreciated.

Back