Edit My Images
Yes
still playing with the macro filters I purchased last week

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:
You haven't nailed the focus yet Vince. I can't see your Exif but I suspect that you are shooting at too wide an aperture. Try Manual focus, f11, and if shooting shiny objects try using a tripod and natural light that way you wont get reflection from the flash. For objects which are likely to move I use Manual Exposure f11, ISO 200, shutter speed 1/250, and flash.
I use a Raynox for macro sometimes and if you use a wide aperture it makes focusing almost impossible.

You haven't nailed the focus yet Vince. I can't see your Exif but I suspect that you are shooting at too wide an aperture. Try Manual focus, f11, and if shooting shiny objects try using a tripod and natural light that way you wont get reflection from the flash. For objects which are likely to move I use Manual Exposure f11, ISO 200, shutter speed 1/250, and flash.
I use a Raynox for macro sometimes and if you use a wide aperture it makes focusing almost impossible.

Thankyou very much for the advise I will try that going forward, I'm only just started to venture onto Manual focussing etc but Practise and more practise and hopefully I will get some where near.;)

Thankyou very much for the advise I will try that going forward, I'm only just started to venture onto Manual focussing etc but Practise and more practise and hopefully I will get some where near.;)

It's easy Vince. Just turn the focus ring until it looks reasonably sharp, then rock back and forward and press the button when it's perfect. If you use continuous shoot mode you're bound to get one right.

I get you now, macro as in Auto mode.

Try M (Manual) and then use hillwalkinggirl's settings above as a starting point.

I know I was asking does she set onto macro(flower) or M (Manual), probably not that clear;)

I never use the scene modes Vince. I mostly shoot in Aperture Priority or Manual Exposure. For focusing I use single point AF or if it's a difficult subject to lock onto I use Manual Focus.

Don't confuse Manual Focus with Manual Exposure though, as this is a common mistake that people make.

Back