Critique Some photos of mine.

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought that is time to finally start showing so I can advance! So I made Flickr. Nothing special and some are kinda old but
please do let me know what you think.

I've just followed the link to this from your introduction post and I'm pleased I did, they are a great selection of very different images and styles. I'll say welcome to you here and looking forward to seeing more of your work especially if it's up to this standard. I may do a more detailed reply on these tomorrow when I've more time to look as I'm just off to bed now, so will just say I like them a lot, well done.

Welcome..... and a very nice set to look at.... I especially like 2, 4 and 6...

I've enjoyed looking at this set - good variation & like them all in differing ways - so well done you (y)

PS Keep them coming :)

followed from your hello post...

Personally love 1, 2 & 3.
#1 is the sort of abstract sunset you'd see on a wall
#2 great use of depth of field and amazing how the tiny butterfly is instantly the focalpoint of the image
#3 ask questions, love the dark background and tight crop

Keep it up, lookin g forward to seeing more

Great set of pictures.... Unusual in that the centre of interest is near central in all of them and it works.
(at 11 oc above the Orange tip butterfly there is a dust spot on your sensor that keeps catching my eye It would be worth removing.

I love the depth of field and colour in #2. The dust spot can easily be removed in post processing.
The one common theme that I notice is that the subject is very central. Some of the photo's I think would have more impact if they were cropped to follow the "rule of thirds".
Nice shots though

Ah found your pictures at last, must agree with everybody in saying I very much enjoyed looking at them all.
Personally I would have cropped the shoulders out of the pub cowboys picture as I find them distracting, but nice shot anyway, really like the butterfly picture the best though.

1 & 2 are the strongest for me
4 has potential, but the people on the left, should either be in the shot or out of it imo - they arent helping in its current crop

1 & 2 are the strongest for me
4 has potential, but the people on the left, should either be in the shot or out of it imo - they arent helping in its current crop

Thanks for the feed back! Nice to hear that some of my photos made you some impression, especially after I saw your portraits! :)

Back