Yes
Just a few shots from the last few weeks watching Northampton Saints teams
Sorry about the watermark on the last 2
15685677492_7a1b90704d_c.jpg

15684102865_439c97e520_c.jpg

15064747033_b0a06ebf10_c.jpg

15682194341_a4590f0c5e_c.jpg

15685715702_abdbb7981e_c.jpg

Great timing with many of these, particularly like the last image.(y)

Well done some nice shots there :)

My niece plays hockey for Essex :)

The last one could do with slight straightening, the post's are leaning to the the left :(

Last edited:
Unfortunately you went and took pictures of the inferior flavour of hockey... :p

Goalie shot is my fave :)

never shot this hockey but do inline hockey and ice hockey... would i be guessing right that you couldnt sit or too dangerous to sit.. all sports like this look better from a lower angle..

5 is ruined by the knee and elbow sticking in..

rest pretty good.. prefer a tighter crop myself :)

nice set love number 2 lol just because of the face shes pulling and number 4 same the face the lad on the turf is pulling a oh this could hurt look

I used to play for a mixed team in my late teens. I only did one season but I loved it. Still got my stick and whenever I say to my Mrs about getting rid of it she TELs me I might get back into it one day... I did with judo.

Anyway nice shots. If I had to pick a favourite its #1 because of the expression and determination she's showing. Good stuff!!

Kipax - I do try and shoot from a low position - 2 and 3 are from a squatting position. The trouble with a water-based pitch is that it isn't pleasant to sit or kneel on. The other problem I have at my age is that I need to alternate standing and sitting otherwise my back and joints suffer... It wouldn't be so bad if I was getting paid for it :D. I agree about the knee and elbow - hadn't noticed it before.
Anyway - point taken. Cheers

Kipax - I do try and shoot from a low position - 2 and 3 are from a squatting position. The trouble with a water-based pitch is that it isn't pleasant to sit or kneel on.

Which is why you will see most photogrpahers wiht a small stooll.. nobody uses knees or bums. especialy not in winter..

he other problem I have at my age is that I need to alternate standing and sitting otherwise my back and joints suffer...

OMG I can hear the violins from here.. its winter. I ahve athritis in all my joint.. I would be suprised if your much older than me anyways.. but I have rheumatoid athritis in all my joints... winter is a killer.. but I know whats needed to get the right pics.. suffer or pack up because standing pics are rubbish.....<BigsmiE>

Back