Some Samyang chicken love

TCR4x4

Wishes he had a couple more Inches
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Samyang 85mm f/1.4 AE
Posted some of these already in the Equipment section, but for those who haven't seen. More to show off the lens rather than the merits of the photos, but C&C away anyhow. Remember, manual focus lens all at f/1.4 handheld...

Single chicken by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

This one taken through a filthy double glazed door

Chicken by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

100% crop

Chicken 100% crop by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

And so they don't feel left out, the Ducks

Ducks @ f/1.4 portrait by TCR4x4, on Flickr​

That lens is really impressive - I keep telling myself I don't need one!

Great focus there! How hard is using the manual focus on the samyang? Was it a case of there being a lot of OOF shots before you got the ones above?

Great focus there! How hard is using the manual focus on the samyang? Was it a case of there being a lot of OOF shots before you got the ones above?

No its pretty easy, especially with the D700's focus indicator. I got very few OOF shots. I picked the moment carefully and waited until the subjects were still.

On a moving subject maybe an entirely different matter, but with practice Immsure it will get better.

Interesting to see the results - a value lens ... oh and the ducks do look left out! :)

I am so tempted to get one of these lenses, I do want one of the Nikon AF 85mm F/1.4 but the cost is beyond me at the moment, and these will even work fine on my FG!

I am so tempted to get one of these lenses, I do want one of the Nikon AF 85mm F/1.4 but the cost is beyond me at the moment, and these will even work fine on my FG!

I'd love the Nikon too, but considering there is at least £500 price difference between the two, I dont think there is a £500 quality diference in the IQ

Really need to stop looking at examples from this lens, it is way too tempting, especially with the price! Really nice photos, so sharp and the focus is nailed, which is my worry if I was to buy the lens, guessing it just takes some getting used to :)

Really need to stop looking at examples from this lens, it is way too tempting, especially with the price! Really nice photos, so sharp and the focus is nailed, which is my worry if I was to buy the lens, guessing it just takes some getting used to :)

Me too, I already have a Canon 85mm f1.8 which I like a lot, but I just can't help fondling me wallet everytime I see samples from one of those Samyangs....Must resist, must resist, I don't need one, I don't need one, I don't neeeeeeeed one :puke:

Back