SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
This was taken on inner farne the picture is of a Sandwich Tern it looked almost like a painting when i uploaded it so i just added a couple of tweaks
Hope you like it

Regards
Richard

Last edited:
Hmmm... I quite like this image as it is, however I dont think it looks great on a computer screen. It seems unsharp and the colours look slightly dull. However I think that this would look GREAT on a canvas print or something like that.

Nice photograph and nicely framed though!

Love the pose you caught, I like the detail you caught(y)

Hmmm... I quite like this image as it is, however I dont think it looks great on a computer screen. It seems unsharp and the colours look slightly dull. However I think that this would look GREAT on a canvas print or something like that.

I think I agree with the comment regarding media:agree:

Nice capture Rich especially with the fish as well (y) I might have worried less about the bg and brought a bit more detail out in the subject. But you know it is just a personal thing ;)

11xx6321_filtered.jpg

Thanks very much

Love the pose you caught, I like the detail you caught(y)

I think I agree with the comment regarding media:agree:

Thanks Tina

Nice capture Rich especially with the fish as well (y) I might have worried less about the bg and brought a bit more detail out in the subject. But you know it is just a personal thing ;)

11xx6321_filtered.jpg

Hi Rich thanks mate (y) you are a pain you know:D i quite liked my edit now i keep looking at yours and thinking your right.:naughty: i suppose there's allways a first time for everything
:thinking: God i used to be indecisive
Now i can't make up my mind:D

Regards All
Richard

Tbh Rich after I posted it up I did have second thoughts. When you said it had the look of a painting to it I thought maybe it did, but by uploading the image it did not show it as you could see it on the PC :shrug: Still think it is a good capture though.

I love the framing, and the 'moment' the image has captured ... and it really pains me to say, I prefer Rich's edit :D

Tbh Rich after I posted it up I did have second thoughts. When you said it had the look of a painting to it I thought maybe it did, but by uploading the image it did not show it as you could see it on the PC :shrug: Still think it is a good capture though.

Thanks mate i may just have another play myself

I love the framing, and the 'moment' the image has captured ... and it really pains me to say, I prefer Rich's edit :D

Hi Martyn thanks (y) it pains me to :D

Hi Rich,after looking at the original and the edit i can,t make up mind as they both work,
so yes i like them both,
regards,
john.

Hi John

Thanks mate (y)

Regards

Richard

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the robin mans edit just has the edge, its brought out more detail of the bird especially around the eye. Please dont tell him I said that though :nono: it'll go straight to his head :D

Its a good capture though Rich and joking apart, they are both nice shots and good to see (y)

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the robin mans edit just has the edge, its brought out more detail of the bird especially around the eye. Please dont tell him I said that though :nono: it'll go straight to his head :D

Hi Tev i tend to agree but im going to try to get a edit some where betweenthe 2

Its a good capture though Rich and joking apart, they are both nice shots and good to see (y)

Thanks Trev we must get round to meeting up again soon

Regards

Richard

Can I come along? :D

Course you can (y)

This is sounding like a togging orgy :D count me in for sure (y)

Ok i will have a think if Rich comes to me that will save him a bit on the driving :thinking:

Oy you two aint goin anywhere without me :shake::nono:(y),
regards,
john.

Ok you can come to :help:

I said can I "Come" :shake:

Were gonna let you this once :help:

How about Brandon Marsh that should'nt be to bad but im open to suggestions
I don't no what we have let ourselves in for with those 2 Trev :D need to have a word with CT i know Rich would like to meet him. when we have decided where i will post a thread in Meeting Place how about early December

Regards All

Richard

Last edited:
Course you can (y)

Ok i will have a think if Rich comes to me that will save him a bit on the driving :thinking:

Ok you can come to :help:

Were gonna let you this once :help:

Seems to me like you have put this to the vote :thinking: :D
Brandon Marsh sounds good if it is the nearest to me you can do Rich :shrug: my only prob between now and crimble is I only have a Sunday available. There is no probs if that is not possible, as I will catch up with you all next year "Promise" :LOL:. Pm me anyway to let me know what gets decided just in case this thread dissapears.

Course you can (y)

How about Brandon Marsh that should'nt be to bad but im open to suggestions
I don't no what we have let ourselves in for with those 2 Trev :D need to have a word with CT i know Rich would like to meet him. when we have decided where i will post a thread in Meeting Place how about early December

Regards All

Richard

I think we will need CT as a referee, judge, and executioner for this meeting :rules: :bat: I dont believe you and me Rich can keep the other two in order :D

I am easy as far as times are concerned, the occasional days are occupied but now I am retired I can generally be flexible. My only thoughts about Brandon on Sundays is that it might be busy especially with 5 of us if CT can manage it and wants to come.
I'll leave it with you Richard and see what ideas we can come up with, but count me in anyway (y)

Well I'm interested in a meet with you reprobates if course. (y)

The only problem as I see it is that 5 of us (6 if Jan comes) is a lot of people to commandeer a hide at most places, especially on a weekend , and likely to make us about as welcome as a turd on the new carpet? I've not done Brandon Marsh, but I know big groups can cause problems at Upton Warren.

Cannock Chase would have been ideal, but.with the Avian Pox there and feeding suspended at the usual spots, that' really a no go for 5 of us.

I'm well up for a meet chaps if we only chew the fat so count me in, but we need ideas on a venue? :wave:

The only problem as I see it is that 5 of us (6 if Jan comes) is a lot of people to commandeer a hide at most places, especially on a weekend , and likely to make us about as welcome as a turd on the new carpet? I've not done Brandon Marsh, but I know big groups can cause problems at Upton Warren.

Cannock Chase would have been ideal, but.with the Avian Pox there and feeding suspended at the usual spots, that' really a no go for 5 of us.

I'm well up for a meet chaps if we only chew the fat so count me in, but we need ideas on a venue? :wave:

Brandon is the only place I've been to down there and its going to be tight for 5/6 of us together in one hide, and thats assuming no one else is there. I did wonder about Slimbridge but having not been there for years I dont know. We need somewhere that wont be crowded at weekends.....:thinking:

How about Slimbridge on the 5/12/2010

:naughty:Hi Mate i thought they had put you out to pasture for a while:D
Your comments are taken on board about the hides . At slimbridge they are a lot bigger and it would'nt be a problem there but it's a fair way for you guys to travel plus side the Starlings roost around there so there's a good chance of some shots just before dark

Brandon is the only place I've been to down there and its going to be tight for 5/6 of us together in one hide, and thats assuming no one else is there. I did wonder about Slimbridge but having not been there for years I dont know. We need somewhere that wont be crowded at weekends.....:thinking:

Hi Trev Slimbridge could be a go'er if you guys don't mind traveling the starling roost could be good don't forget your tripod :naughty:handy for subdueing Rich & John :D

Regards Both

Richard

Last edited:
Sunday is my last choice for a day usually - purely to avoid the weekend crowds, but I do shoot on Sundays and have no issues with this date other than we always have company on Sunday evenings so Slimbridge would be a bit of a haul for us. Everyone I've spoken to about Slimbridge has been a bit disappointed?

I do think we shoiuld make an effort to get together, even if it's only for a chinwag, but does it (shock horror) have to be wildlife? :D Picturesque little olde worldy town centres with little olde worldy pubs maybe? ;)

Sunday is my last choice for a day usually - purely to avoid the weekend crowds, but I do shoot on Sundays and have no issues with this date other than we always have company on Sunday evenings so Slimbridge would be a bit of a haul for us. Everyone I've spoken to about Slimbridge has been a bit disappointed?

I do think we shoiuld make an effort to get together, even if it's only for a chinwag, but does it (shock horror) have to be wildlife? :D Picturesque little olde worldy town centres with little olde worldy pubs maybe? ;)

Well at least we have a date because of Rich the 5/12/2010 im happy to shoot anything
What about some where like Stratford Upon Avon

Hi all, i am up for anything you know me,pub,grub,birds (anykind),wildlife (anykind)
just keep me posted,
regards,
john.

Hi John any ideas

^^^ Tart! :LOL:

Totally agree

I'm going to be careful what I say now :thinking::LOL:

So You should be :D

places that spring to mind

Malvern Hills

Stratford Upon Avon

Coventry Air museum

Can't think of anything else just yet

Regards

Richard

Black Country Museum (Dudley) ?
Bewdley
Bridgenorth

Last edited:
Bewdley
Bridgenorth

They have a mine there don't they

MMM hole in the ground and Rich sounds Good (y) whats the plan :naughty:

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
They do Richard. I didn't go down it on my last visit, but I think it's a drift mine - you just walk down into it.

I'll stick some more ideas up if I have a rush of blood after I've eaten. :thinking:

Just looking at the lists so far, they all look good places. Reading them I had an idea, something thats totaly out of my comfort zone, and thats Cosford museum!
It would be necessary to find out about permissions etc, but at least it would be indoors in case the weather was against us, any thoughts :thinking:

Just checked their site, private photography is allowed, entrance is free but a nominal charge is made for car parking.

EDIT: A few years ago a ghostly apparition was seen sitting in one of the planes, it was sitting next to Sue Lawley who was doing a news report. The BBC tried to recreate the conditions when it was later seen in the film, this was in case it was a reflection or something but they didnt manage it so it remains a mistery. It was clearly a man who leant forward to look around her as she was talking. Since then there have been numerous reports of sightings. Now, wouldnt that be a shot ;)

Last edited:
They do Richard. I didn't go down it on my last visit, but I think it's a drift mine - you just walk down into it.

I'll stick some more ideas up if I have a rush of blood after I've eaten. :thinking:

Yes, just as you said, you walk in. Its in total darkness and they supply a lantern that is equivalent to a candle, this is to simulate the working conditions of the miners in days gone by. Its not realy a proposition for photography and I doubt very much that it would be allowed, in fact if my memory serves me well, we were told not to take any pics during the tour.
Very hard to lose anyone down there, you have to go in guided groups :naughty:

Just looking at the lists so far, they all look good places. Reading them I had an idea, something thats totaly out of my comfort zone, and thats Cosford museum!
It would be necessary to find out about permissions etc, but at least it would be indoors in case the weather was against us, any thoughts :thinking:

EDIT: A few years ago a ghostly apparition was seen sitting in one of the planes, it was sitting next to Sue Lawley who was doing a news report. The BBC tried to recreate the conditions when it was later seen in the film, this was in case it was a reflection or something but they didnt manage it so it remains a mistery. It was clearly a man who leant forward to look around her as she was talking. Since then there have been numerous reports of sightings. Now, wouldnt that be a shot ;)

Sounds good to me i'd be up for it (y)

Regards

Richard

I just spoke to John Starkey, he's at work at the moment. He asked me to mention the Butterfly Farm at Stratford for some macro work.
Its something else to consider.
Cheers guys

:thinking::thinking: Im thinking hard i notice the Red Chested one has'nt posted :D
Regards
Richard

Bewdley
Bridgenorth

Bloody Dudley? :puke:
I best start making me way there now then Ced`s

Mods!! Can you change my Avatar to Billy no mates?

Last edited:
Thats cheating he he :naughty:

We could always shop him in :D

:thinking:It would be quieter:D

Mods!! Can you change my Avatar to Billy no mates?

:thinking: They say mention the devils name :D

Probably be better Richie no mates :D

Or Robin chested Richie

:naughty:Hey lads Rich wants us to find him a new name feel free to post:D

LOL. Fair comment! I've got a long haul down to Wisbech in the morning for a bloody funeral - the fourth this year! :puke: I could work up more enthusiasm if I was going toggin'

Back