Something Better than Interfit EX-150 ???

Name
Ade
Edit My Images
No
I am looking for something second user that will be better than the iNTERFIT EX-150 that I am getting rid of.

Any suggestions, it must be a 2 head set, and come with brolleys/soft boxes etc

All help appreciated (y)

Foodpoison.....there is nothing wrong with the Interfits, I am just considering moving them on, to get something a little more powerful. Hence the second hand bit...lol (y)

D-lites seem to be a popular move, and I am not sure about Lencarta, have not seen enough about them. I know that Garry is on here and I am sure he can vouch for them.

I am sure there must be someone with something that would liek to move on...lol

How much are you realistically looking to spend ?

around £300 second hand
I dont want to go bezerk and buy something that resembles the lighting at wembley, but something with a little more power than the 150`s

Hi Ade,

I have a set of the Elemental Studio lights, the "M" Series Pro Studio 600 cost circa £499 August 2008 model, I have not used them much at all due to an arm injury - think only twice in the last 6 months - its the same as per the link below bar the radio trigger, but you can pick up better wireless triggers from eBay such as the Yongnuo RF-602, which act as a wireless camera shutter, flash and studio lights trigger.........

An M Series Studio kit got a best buy recommendation in the March 2009 edition of Practical Photography - click the link for details of the kit and the review:

http://www.studio-flash.com/m-series/m-series-pro-studio-600-p-331.html

As said above I have only used them a few times, but their quality and ease of use for me has been very good.

I had used a Portaflash system (similar to the Interfit's in terms of performance/quality) before which in comparison feels quite flimsy, the flash heads are made from toughened aluminium, and I imagine will withstand most photographic conditions, the heads have an in built umbrella bracket too.

The in-built stabilizer ensures a consistent power output regardless of variations in the AC supply (this was important to me as we do suffer from voltage fluctuations / power cuts more than the norm in our area), a fan removes heat quickly and quietly from within the strobe. Power levels can be set from 1/32 to 1/1 steplessly. The strobes will automatically dump excess power when lowering the output - gave me a fright first time it flashed as I reduced the power!

You can via a "DIM" button on the rear of the strobes, switch the modelling lamp off when the flash is triggered. This helps prevent heat build up and prolongs the life of both flash tube and modelling lamp. All of the accesories for the M series are compatible with the Bowens S fitting.

Everything is contained in robust storage bags - my only small gripe is that I find dismantling / assembling the softbox a tad hard (made worse by my arm injury), this is not unique to Elemental, and probably explains why most people leave their softbox assembled.

If this appeals, do please get back in touch, the other good thing about Elemental is that they only do Studio Lights and their showroom is very near to Bedford, an easy drive for both you and me.

someone is selling a set of D-lite 2's on this forum new condition, I have the 4's and can honestly say that these light are awesome

Hi Lostsoulal2.....you dont mention how much you are looking for, for these heads etc, if you want to PM me with further details I may be interested. :)

Marac.....the person concerned has already been in contact with me, and I have done soe reading regarding the D series setups, they do seem very good for the money.
but thanks for the heads up anyway (y)

Ade

Back