Something wrong with my 7D?

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Took my new 7D to a shoot tonight - all pics came out ok on the camera view screen.

When I transferred them off the compact flash card to my PC, 22 out of 157 came out very strange...

IMG_0408.JPG

Im using Transcend UDMA7 400x.

Is it the card or the camera is having the problem??

Thanks in advance,
Joe.

Can you see the image as a 'whole' in the camera? If you can, I'd suggest that there was some corruption of that file on transfer from the card..

Try connecting the camera directly and importing the same file...

What card reader are you using?

You say the images came out strange? In what way? Colours distorted? Under exposed??

Cheers

Rob

If they looked fine on the Camera screen, but when you downloaded them the picture you've posted is the result - it suggests a corrupted file - might be the download that has caused the problem or the card itself...

Have you tried downloading the images again ?

You say it's a new body to you - did you format the card in the body before you used it ?

Have you tried another card in the body just to make sure it's not a processing issue in the body to the card ?

Hope this helps and you get it sorted...

Hi all,

The images look fine on the camera, and also tried downloading the files again - still no joy.

Im using a USB2 CF reader - maybe its time to change it as its quit old (over 5yrs).

What readers are you all using? USB3 or firewire?

Hi Joe.

were these taken with raw?
if so it looks like file corruption, I think the image viewed on camera is a jpg which is produced at the same time as the raw file and is embedded in the raw.
as already suggested, try downloading from camera using the USB cable.

hope you get it sorted

Hi Joe.

were these taken with raw?
if so it looks like file corruption, I think the image viewed on camera is a jpg which is produced at the same time as the raw file and is embedded in the raw.
as already suggested, try downloading from camera using the USB cable.

hope you get it sorted

Hi AHILL,

Pictures were taken in jpg (still getting use to the camera's settings and should have taken them in raw).

I can't download them now as I have formatted the card - thinking the card might be corrupted.

I will try to take some random pics today to see if it is the reader is at fault...

Thanks.

have you got a different card you can try as well?

The 7D has no internal memory and so if the image is displaying correctly on the camera screen then that would suggest that there is no problem with the card and is more than likely down to the card reader or the connection between the reader and your computer somewhere. I would advise trying a different reader.

I think your PC couldn't cope with the subject matter and censored it ;)

Hi AHILL,

Pictures were taken in jpg (still getting use to the camera's settings and should have taken them in raw).

I can't download them now as I have formatted the card - thinking the card might be corrupted.

I will try to take some random pics today to see if it is the reader is at fault...

Thanks.

If you get the issue again, connect the camera with card in it directly to your computer - cutting the reader out the equation

If you get the issue again, connect the camera with card in it directly to your computer - cutting the reader out the equation

It worked with the cable connected directly from the camera to the pc.

New camera, new card, rubbish old card reader - new one ordered.

Thanks for all inputs (y)

Hi all,

The images look fine on the camera, and also tried downloading the files again - still no joy.

Im using a USB2 CF reader - maybe its time to change it as its quit old (over 5yrs).

What readers are you all using? USB3 or firewire?

It probably won't cope with UDMA7 card too well

My first preference would be to connect 7D directly via cable, which also stops you from removing and inserting CF card and eventually bending CF pins (an expensive repair)

Transcend makes a fairly cheap USB3 reader. Mine seems to work just fine

Back