Sony a290

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi new to the forum and trying to digest the wealth of information I am reading. And loving it. I am in the market for a beginner slr and don't have alot of money due to a recent expansion to the family.
I'm interested in landscape and would love to get into startrails as well. My questions are will the A290 be suitable? And also with Sony stopping producing the camera what is the chances of the price dropping.
I am sure someone can help me.
Cheers
Ben

occasionally sony starts a cashback promo to clear away stock's that about to be replaced (there's currently a £50 cashback deal on the NEX5)

keep an eye out for shops clearing ex-display models, but all that said just keep an eye out for 2nd deals, plenty of lightly used bodies which are significantly cheaper than retail prices.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at second hand stuff but read a couple of things on here that has put me off a bit. Is there anyway with out seeing them in the flesh that you can tell how much usage they have had because now I am thinking the second hand market is mote of a lottery. But the prices are very appealing.

With the sonys there's no sure way of checking how much use they've had (the shutter count can be reset) but ultimately so long as there's no sign of cosmetic damage i wouldn't worry too much. There's a lot of people who pick up entry level DSLR cameras who never really get into it my 2nd hand A700 was like new

Back