Sony A77II AF Point Demo

Name
Eddie
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I've done my first YT video demonstrating the new AF points on the Sony A77II. Hope it's of interest.

Ed.

Does look like af is much improved over my a77, what interests me the most though is just how wide the spread of af points is, far wider than the a77 mk1

Does look like af is much improved over my a77, what interests me the most though is just how wide the spread of af points is, far wider than the a77 mk1

Yes impressive isn't it. It makes tracking so much easier.

Hi,

I've done my first YT video demonstrating the new AF points on the Sony A77II. Hope it's of interest.

Ed.
Hi,

Ed.
Ok it's official you are now my hero I have just got the mk2 and as most of my cameras have been Canon the Sony is totally different

The video info on range track was excellent I had asked on Flickr and Google+ alpha users had no reply by shear good luck tonight found this thread.

You mention continuos Af is that the c on the front of the camera please if so what are the other symbols lol

The other thing that puzzles me is manual focus, you have m on the lens and m on the body why on earth 2 manuals

I love the Oled EVF I have been looking for a hoodman suitable for sony but better luck finding hens teeth so far.

Anyway big thank you for taking the time for doing a video

Allan

there is a old minolta eyecup thats round and rubber that fits, but it blocks the light sensor :(

the rotary knob has MF = manual focus, S = single? focus (half press holds focus at that point) A is auto, which is just switching between continous and single as the camera thinks is best

the duplicity is because some lenses dont have mf switch. 70-210 beercan for example

as slr mounts go the eos is the most well thought out, i think

Hi Paul

Thanks for the info, I was very happy with the Canons but I had a mini stroke I am generally ok except memory is less good. I sold out of canon in total and dare not go back as I know me would spend a mint on full frame gear that would be little used.

The EVF is what for my eyes was why I have bought the A77 mk2 and I feel less worried if it just sits there.

When you mention the Minolta cup is it the switching sensor for EVF and LCD that would be covered I ask as on the new camera you get a switch you can select which method you wish to use, or would it be that the oled would be on full time as the camera would not know when my eye was away

Good explain as to why 2 M modes makes perfect sense

Back