Sony RX100 m3 example RAW file please?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hello all, can somebody please send me a RAW file from the Sony RX100 M3 so i can see how much hassle is involved in opening them?

I use LR4.4 and PS6 with ACR 8.8.0.397 and would like to test this prior to spending the money, i want to shoot RAW but do not want a headache using them or having to upgrade something for this to work.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hello all, can somebody please send me a RAW file from the Sony RX100 M3 so i can see how much hassle is involved in opening them?

I use LR4.4 and PS6 with ACR 8.8.0.397 and would like to test this prior to spending the money, i want to shoot RAW but do not want a headache using them or having to upgrade something for this to work.

Thanks in advance

Mike

DPReview have some Sony RX100 III that are available to download here if nobody offers any. :)

An alternative way to open the files is to choose to export them as DNG files they should then open in photoshop.(y)

Thanks for the link redhed17, i did have a search but struggled hence my post, i can confirm that they open fine with PS6 and importing with ACR 8.8.0.397. LR4.4 does not recognise the files but i can easily save PSD from PS6 and open it fine in LR.
Glad that the link was of use. :)

I don't know if you know, but if you are going between LR and Photoshop, and either version of the programs can't open the RAW files you have, then I would consider converting to DNG. It would allow you to do a lot of processing in LR, (if that is your main RAW processing program) and then open as a Smart Object in Photoshop for anything LR couldn't do. The benefit could be that you process in LR, open as a Smart Object, do more editing in Photoshop, and then should you decide that you wanted to change something you did in the original LR processing, alter the White Balance slightly for example, then you may be able to re-open the RAW file (because it is a Smart Object), this time in Adobe Camera Raw, make the changes, and then save and open back in Photoshop at the point you were at, but with the new changes.

If you have versions of LR and Photoshop that can read the RAW files you have, then there is no reason to convert to DNG. If Adobe had it sorted, you would be able to open RAW file in LR, then open as Smart Object in Photoshop if you needed to, and then re-open back in LR if you needed to make further changes, but as it is you have to re-open in ACR make the changes. Afaik.

Depends on what you do in LR though. ;)

Back